This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For anyone who remembers what real Rally games were like.

#1karvinyereizowtPosted 6/27/2013 11:28:37 AM
http://www.gamesradar.com/codemasters-teases-new-rally-game-using-very-familiar-imagery/

Here's to hoping that this is Codemasters turn it around game, and bring back true rally.
---
Do you know the "Sulu Dance?"
#2Banana_ManaPosted 6/27/2013 11:30:32 AM
karvinyereizowt posted...
http://www.gamesradar.com/codemasters-teases-new-rally-game-using-very-familiar-imagery/

Here's to hoping that this is Codemasters turn it around game, and bring back true rally.

Meh, that's not sega rally.
---
Top Ten E3 Announcements:
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/2013/06/top-bananas-e3-ten-best-e3-2013.html
#3karvinyereizowt(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 11:33:10 AM
Go play your Sega Rally Revo funny man...lol
---
#4shawnmckPosted 6/27/2013 11:39:24 AM(edited)
I personally thought that the Ralli-Sport Challenge series on the original X-Box were the best.

And Dirt was good, but lacking in track variety, and then they had to totally screw it up by adding that gymkhana crap that you had to complete in order to progress, since it was all based on a points system.

Colin McCray was decent, but way too sim for my tastes, and also lacked variety.

And I don't understand Codemasters...
Fans have been asking for more rally races with longer & more diverse tracks, with weather effects....and what does Codemasters give us ? They give us more crappy racing events such as gymkhana. Seriously, WTF ?
#5Banana_ManaPosted 6/27/2013 11:36:02 AM
karvinyereizowt posted...
Go play your Sega Rally Revo funny man...lol

An insult...

But also a lol...

What to think?

How to respond?

I'm confused tc...

Um...
---
Top Ten E3 Announcements:
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/2013/06/top-bananas-e3-ten-best-e3-2013.html
#6karvinyereizowt(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 11:43:14 AM
shawnmckPosted 6/27/2013 11:34:40 AMmessage detailquote
I personally thought that the Ralli-Sport Challenge series on the original X-Box were the best.

And Dirt was good, but lacking in track variety, and then they had to totally screw it up by adding that gymkhana crap that you had to complete in order to progress, since it was all based on a points system.

Colin McCray was decent, but way too sim for my tastes, and also lacked variety.

I agree with everything you said except I highly doubt the they are going to go sim overboard. With the release of the dirt and grid series they have become more like arcade titles.

So I'm thinking that they'll combine the fast, fun, and raw gameplay of grid and dirt with a splash of sim like fixing your car between races and such.

Whatever the do, I just hope it's Europeanized again. This is coming from an American who hates how commercially over the top they try to make it.
---
#7karvinyereizowt(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 11:52:17 AM
Meh, that's not sega rally.

No need to read into this too deep, I'm not that deep myself. Just thought it was comedic.
---
#8shawnmckPosted 6/27/2013 12:12:36 PM
Since you brought up grid...I am actually liking Grid 2.
Amazing game, imho.

But I won't lie...I personally prefer off-road racing.
So I am hoping their next game (be it another Dirt or Colin McCrae) is good.
#9karvinyereizowt(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 12:19:03 PM
shawnmck posted...
Since you brought up grid...I am actually liking Grid 2.
Amazing game, imho.

But I won't lie...I personally prefer off-road racing.
So I am hoping their next game (be it another Dirt or Colin McCrae) is good.

I really liked the first Grid and was excited when they finally said they were going to make a sequel. I gotta say, I'm pretty blown away by Grid2. Its definitely more arcadey than the first, but in a way where it makes the game that much more badass. You can't say that about many racing games.

Anyway, high hopes for today's announcement from codemasters.
---
#10TheBlueStigPosted 6/27/2013 6:00:47 PM
As much as I loved CMR 2.0 on the PC, I would still like to see another CMR game that goes back to those roots, especially if it has guaranteed REAL courses from the WRC.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin