This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For anyone who remembers what real Rally games were like.

#11str8KnowledgePosted 6/27/2013 11:25:46 PM
I was expecting RBR2(Richard Burns Rally 2 iydk(if you didn't know)). That thought alone ruins this news.
#12Ned_MandingoPosted 6/28/2013 8:04:10 AM
Just checked codemasters site.

CMR for IOS??

What are they thinking.

Any word on a console or pc game?
---
You gotta pay the troll toll.
#13TheBlueStigPosted 6/28/2013 8:34:52 AM
str8Knowledge posted...
I was expecting RBR2(Richard Burns Rally 2 iydk(if you didn't know)). That thought alone ruins this news.

Too problematic to run on PC, it was unnecessarily high in the required specs department for what it gave you, and it had massive problems accepting controllers.

And even if you could get everything running, it was too damn twitchy and over-responsive resulting in spinouts far too often.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#14karvinyereizowt(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 10:23:11 PM
Ned_Mandingo posted...
Just checked codemasters site.

CMR for IOS??

What are they thinking.

Any word on a console or pc game?

Yeah, you're right. It's a goddamn app...so pissed. Thank you codemasters for making me think at least for a little while that you were going to make a real rally game again.
---
Do you know the "Sulu Dance?"
#15TehUnibongerPosted 6/28/2013 11:35:59 PM
the first WRC for the ps2 is still my favorite all time rally game. got wrc 3 on my pc and it's good, but something about that charm the first WRC had. it was basically sega rally's handling bundled around great tracks, good damage, awesome montages pre race with the actual guy that did speed vision work, and a simple yet all you need car setup. tried dirt once, couldn't stand it. CMR is ok but the handling in 2.0 was just too weird for me to handle.
#16lokinineteenPosted 6/29/2013 2:08:54 AM
shawnmck posted...
I personally thought that the Ralli-Sport Challenge series on the original X-Box were the best.

Those games were phenomenal!! Couch co op at its best!

My mates and I had some of the best times playing all sorts sat together and now its about sitting at home chatting over a headset, still good fun but not a patch on all sitting together.
#17656stoogePosted 6/29/2013 2:33:04 AM
I miss the Colin Mcrae series. Every rally game I've played since then has felt far too floaty and arcade like.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#18TenzhiPosted 6/29/2013 2:50:44 AM
I think the closest thing to a Rally game I ever really liked was Beetle Adventure Racing...
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#19chizzaroidPosted 7/1/2013 8:32:29 AM
I just contacted codemasters about this game coming to consoles, and they said there were no plans, but they weren't ruling it out. They said, don't expect it any time soon.
---
GT: Chizzatron
#20karvinyereizowt(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 12:52:58 PM
chizzaroid posted...
I just contacted codemasters about this game coming to consoles, and they said there were no plans, but they weren't ruling it out. They said, don't expect it any time soon.

That's cool, but I gotta be honest, I don't want another "HD" version of a game I played to death already. Frankly I'm getting tired of all HD ports of games. If they really wanted to give credit to Colin McRae they'd just make a contemporary CMR game and stop with all this other nonsense that no one wants.

Anyway, I'd be fine with the DIRT 3 engine...just make the gameplay straight up oldschool rally with weather. If you think about it they could remove so much from the current DiRT games that wouldn't be missed by most and use that time to make long amazing courses and dynamic weather.
---
Do you know the "Sulu Dance?"