This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

XBOX 360 Overtakes Wii As Top UK Console But Still Trailing Behind PS2

#1SolnotPosted 6/27/2013 11:35:46 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/27/xbox-360-overtakes-wii-as-top-uk-console

The Xbox 360 is the best-selling console of this generation in the UK, with 8.4 million sold.

MCV reports that Microsoft's console is regularly outselling all its rivals and will overtake Nintendo's Wii in a matter of days, according to Chart-Track.

Despite this, the Xbox 360 isn't the UK's best-selling console of all time just yet, that title is still held by the PlayStation 2 which has shifted over 10 million units since it was launched back in 2000. At a global level too, last we heard Sony's PlayStation 3 was just pipping the Xbox 360 in terms of boxes shipped.

Nevertheless, it's a positive sign for the company as it prepares to launch the Xbox One this November, as recent pre-order figures suggested Sony's PlayStation 4 had the edge. Whether or not this has changed following Microsoft's new policies regarding connectivity and used games has yet to be revealed.
#2EJWPosted 6/27/2013 11:43:20 AM
I question the impact of this because nearly everyone I know has had to buy at least two. One person I know has bought seven.

All for ONE specific reason...
---
Random user: Google is your friend.
Me: Google led me here now answer the damn question!!!
#3PreacherXWDSXPosted 6/27/2013 1:39:17 PM
EJW posted...
I question the impact of this because nearly everyone I know has had to buy at least two. One person I know has bought seven.

....just like all those PS 2's and PS 3's as well.......that's only if you want to be realistic. PS2 fail rate was pretty high and YLOD is a well known issue as well, but again I stress only if you want to be realistic and acknowledge facts.
---
---
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life......Winston Churchill
#4OverburdenedPosted 6/27/2013 1:53:00 PM
I have it for when in out and it in my two, consoles are then there for it but I only don't play mine about twice, my wii and play about my xbox I know two times a month, but my wii is once in for late. I rarely have a play on go to many options for me, about nine, my had for several years my brother had a ps2 about nine.
---
Obliteration never felt so divine._
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
#5PavelChanPosted 6/27/2013 2:02:27 PM
EJW posted...

Because they were too stupid to contact customer services for a free repair, and instead chose to run out and spend a load of money on a brand new console as soon as they encountered a problem? Thought so.
#6bossk5Posted 6/27/2013 2:39:58 PM
But....but...only teh 'Murricans by teh 360!!!!!
---
I buy used games. If you're a MGS fanboy and want to argue....don't bother, I assure you your opinions mean nothing to me. Just a heads up.
#7EJWPosted 6/27/2013 4:15:46 PM
PavelChan posted...
EJW posted...

Because they were too stupid to contact customer services for a free repair, and instead chose to run out and spend a load of money on a brand new console as soon as they encountered a problem? Thought so.

No.
---
#8SunDevil77Posted 6/27/2013 4:34:26 PM
EJW posted...

Same with PS2
---
Look. I'm not a very good shot, but this American, here....uses really big bullets.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#9EJWPosted 6/27/2013 4:59:12 PM(edited)
PreacherXWDSX posted...
....just like all those PS 2's and PS 3's as well.......

SunDevil77 posted...
Same with PS2

Obviously. It's not like I'm bashing the 360.
---
#10Just_The_TipPosted 6/27/2013 5:02:04 PM
I had way more trouble with PS2's and DRE's.
---
Jim Harbaugh = Future Rex Ryan minus a few lbs
#NinerNationExcuses