This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

1600 Points: State of Decay or Dark Souls

#1BigLongDownerPosted 6/27/2013 4:04:36 PM
I bought Dark Souls back shortly after it first released, but didn't get very far and ended up selling it. I still have my save file. And I've had the demo of SoD since it was released but am very hesitant about purchasing the full game until the next patch is released (which will be within the next 13 hours or so).

I know DS will give me more bang for the buck but I'm not sure if I'm up for a ton of trial and error. However, I would like to at least run through it once just to say I finished it. SoD is a lot of fun from what I've played, despite the frame rate and clipping issues.

I'll make my final decision when the patch is released for SoD, but until then I'd like to hear some opinions from you guys.
---
GT - The Grunge Guy
#2CaseyJonezPosted 6/27/2013 4:15:46 PM
How far did you get in Dark Souls?
---
I can hear it. Deeper, and deeper. Louder and louder, punctuating the silence like thunder on a calm evening. Laughter.
#3BB52700Posted 6/27/2013 4:19:05 PM
I'd pass on both. never got into Dark Souls, and State Of Decay was fun for awhile, but got boring very fast. If I were you, Id take 1200 of those points and buy a great game like Battleblock Theatre.
---
I do the best Chewbacca impression EVER!
#4killahstyle003Posted 6/27/2013 4:19:16 PM
Personally i'd buy State of Decay for the fun factor, leaving Dark Souls until a later date when perhaps trial and error doesn't seem so daunting...

Or failing that, possibly watch some worthwhile Dark Souls Youtube videos, maybe they'll inspire you to think "Never mind the trial and error, that looks too good to pass up" or "I have a great idea for a character now, this should be fun" / whatever it is that you like about gaming.
---
GT: Exiled Irenicus PSN: EnviableKira
"There's nothing worse than a sad tree" - Yonah.
#5ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 6/27/2013 4:27:42 PM
State of Decay
---
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#6VeryDarkSoulPosted 6/27/2013 4:29:29 PM
zombie games are a dime a dozen, state of decay is a more expensive, offline Day Z. Boring.

I'm not sure if your Dark Souls save will work with the On Demand version though. People claim it's harder than it really is, you just have to be careful. Can't rush into everything because then you find yourself quickly overwhelmed. Also summoning people for help is often useful, since there's a lot of people like me who just play all day helping people with boss fights to farm souls.
---
Ron Paul 2012
#7Walkman_005Posted 6/27/2013 4:34:48 PM
Yeah...go ahead and buy State of Decay.

Considering you're too scared to play Dark Souls. Pansy.
#8SunDevil77Posted 6/27/2013 4:35:19 PM
VeryDarkSoul posted...
zombie games are a dime a dozen, state of decay is a more expensive, offline Day Z. Boring.

So, you've never played it, and know nothing about it?
---
Look. I'm not a very good shot, but this American, here....uses really big bullets.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#9M_TollitsonPosted 6/27/2013 4:41:24 PM
VeryDarkSoul posted...

I'm not sure if your Dark Souls save will work with the On Demand version though. People claim it's harder than it really is, you just have to be careful. Can't rush into everything because then you find yourself quickly overwhelmed. Also summoning people for help is often useful, since there's a lot of people like me who just play all day helping people with boss fights to farm souls.

Don't listen to this guy. Dark Souls is just a third person Call of Duty, with swords, monsters and worst graphics.
#10Raven-411Posted 6/27/2013 4:44:28 PM
M_Tollitson posted...
VeryDarkSoul posted...

Don't listen to this guy. Dark Souls is just a third person Call of Duty, with swords, monsters and worst graphics.

Excuse me sir, but for some reason you slammed your head into the keyboard repeatedly and clicked post.