This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you feel about dust on your console.

#31Net Shark(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 4:08:08 PM
Here look I even made a little portable wooden stand for second Xbox that gets moved from Tv to Tv. I don't like just sitting it on the carpet. That is also my Power A fus1on controller. Love that thing. http://i.imgur.com/CIYtYuO.jpg
---
Left handed people can't do anything right.
#32dannyaqPosted 6/28/2013 8:50:43 PM
You can't be a little OCD. By definition it is significantly problematic. There are a couple words you can use to describe that though. Obsessive and or compulsive. If its not a disorder, why describe it as such? It's like describing a headache as a little concussion.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#33Super CreaturesPosted 6/29/2013 3:21:28 AM
dannyaq posted...
You can't be a little OCD. By definition it is significantly problematic.

But, the severity of a person's OCD could be much less than another's.

So, yes, a person with true OCD could be a "little" OCD, when compared to someone with much worse OCD.

Of course, you're right that most people that use the term mean either obsessive or compulsive, and it isn't a disorder.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#34untouchable010Posted 6/29/2013 5:31:59 AM
Dust comes from dead skin cells, among other things. So yeah, *you* create dust yourself by just being in the house or room. Notice dust being worse on tables in the bedroom where you sleep? I do, anyways.

And I like to dust my electronics off about once every three weeks or so. Sometimes if I notice it too much, I'll just do a quick wipe off with a swiffer cloth; never thought a swiffer cloth could be bad, seeing as I've used it to dust off tv's, consoles, bluray players for years now. Never had any problems.
---
I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings.
#35Killah PriestPosted 6/29/2013 6:38:28 AM(edited)
I don't like dust (does anyone?) but its not a big deal, I just wipe them down really quick before I fire them up, takes like 1 min and the dust is gone.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#36FTWWholeFnShowPosted 6/29/2013 8:59:27 AM
My room is in the basement so I too dust my 360 about once every 3 or 4 days
---
-\m/ ProWres Love \m/-XBL: Bennyhanna79
Women & their relationship "games" piss me off ><
#37DougEInstructorPosted 6/29/2013 12:36:26 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
Shouldn't use a swiffer on electronics, it uses a static charge to pick up dust.

oh crap been using a swiffer on it for a while
#38DougEInstructorPosted 6/29/2013 12:40:25 PM
I have an xbox slim and dust goes right into the fan i assume most people have this problem since most people have their xboxs lie horizontally. Do you try to get rid of the dust? If you do what do you use? I've been thinking about just vacuuming like I do to my pc it but I don't know if that will f it up.
#39TBD2009Posted 6/29/2013 4:03:42 PM
Can't stand dust... it's worse for me, because my computers, my tv, my entertainment center and bookshelves, and my consoles... all black. So dust shows up very easily on everything.

Drives me crazy when I notice a thin film of dust, and then I have to dust everything down.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/PSUTerra
#40tiamat8917Posted 6/29/2013 4:16:56 PM
Net Shark posted...
Finger prints on your discs as well? :) I was thinking after I wrote it there is a Dust game someone would mention.

There is no reason you should have finger prints on your disc. Pick it up only by the inner ring and outer edge(pointer on outer edge, thumb in the hole)
---
|h |e | n | t | a | i
My Anti-Drug. Gamertag - tiamat89 http://myanimelist.net/animelist/lychanking