This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will the new Xbox 3 be able to play old original Xbox games?/

#21TBD2009Posted 7/6/2013 1:20:46 PM
Estil posted...
Super Creatures posted...
TBD2009 posted...
That's nice and all, but I'm disappointed it doesn't support my Beta Max and 8-Track libraries.

They are planning an add-on for that.

And where would they fit?

It's a serial port based add-on. You need a USB to SCSI adapter, then a SCSI to analog adapter, and then an analog to serial adapter, but it's completely worth it. True monaural stereo simulated sound. Ah!

thekozmicpig posted...
TBD2009 posted...

Though, wouldn't it be even funnier, if some artist decided to release a vinyl that ~looked~ just like a giant cd, and someone confused it for a Laser Disc?

This has happened before. I have no proof of it, but I REFUSE to believe no one has done it in the 35 years since Laserdiscs first showed up. This would be some grade A KLF s***.

It's too perfect.

I'm willing to believe it's happened, too. If enough people are stupid enough to use a hair dryer in the bath (to the point it requires a WARNING LABEL on all hair dryers!), I'm willing to believe someone mistook an LP for a Laser Disc and tried to use it in their player.

And I really need to stop watching anime, when I find myself wondering what the KLFs from Eureka 7 have to do with someone making such an outlandish mistake.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/PSUTerra
#22pothocketPosted 7/6/2013 1:25:49 PM
They call it Xbox One because it's one console, not three.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#23mike468Posted 7/6/2013 4:37:41 PM(edited)
Its already been stated that the Xbox One (as well as the PS4) will not be backwards capable and play older games.

MS has said it is partly due to the fact that it compromises and hinder the the new hardware, as well as very few gamers (I think they said less than 5% of gamers) actually use the feature. So they didn't include it in the Xbox One.
---
gamertag: Kabal31082
#24TrugamerPosted 7/6/2013 6:27:39 PM
shawnmck posted...
No, the Xbox one will NOT play original X-Box games, nor will it play XB 360 games.

And it will not play any of your 360 arcade games either