This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Finally started watching Twin Peaks

#1BigReedPosted 6/28/2013 8:12:55 PM
I've heard Deadly Premonition was basically like a love letter to twin peaks, but it's interesting to see how both Alan Wake and Deadly Premonition reference the series, and also borrow from it.

I just finished the pilot, so no spoilers. So has anybody else watched Twin Peaks and played either of the games mentioned above?
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
#2SunDevil77Posted 6/28/2013 8:14:21 PM
Yup. All 3 titles are fantastic.

Murdered: Soul Suspect looks to borrow from the 'peaks as well.
---
Look. I'm not a very good shot, but this American, here....uses really big bullets.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#3Ginsu VictimPosted 6/28/2013 8:14:23 PM
Deadly Premonition borrows HEAVILY from Twin Peaks....like, an insane amount.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#4vigorm0rtisPosted 6/28/2013 8:16:54 PM
I watched Twin Peaks back... I don't know, it was ages ago, and played both games.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#5iLikeMtnDewPosted 6/28/2013 8:19:39 PM
I've seen the first season, it was pretty solid
---
Cavaliers/Browns/Indians
#6BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 9:07:41 PM
Ginsu Victim posted...
Deadly Premonition borrows HEAVILY from Twin Peaks....like, an insane amount.

It sure does. So far, I prefer Agent Francis York Morgan over the agent in Twin Peaks.

Alan Wake looks a lot more like the series though. It could be from the huge difference in graphics I guess, but so far it reminds me more of Alan Wake visually.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
#7SEGA128DCPosted 6/28/2013 9:20:11 PM
Hmm, I knew before I clicked this topic it was going to be about Deadly Premonition, and I was right...
---
Rise from your grave...
#8BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 9:23:53 PM
SEGA128DC posted...
Hmm, I knew before I clicked this topic it was going to be about Deadly Premonition, and I was right...

Well it had to be related to the 360 somehow :P
---
#9brunbbmercPosted 6/28/2013 10:03:50 PM
remember they had to change deadly premonition because it was originally too much like twin peaks
---
Dignity. Intelligence. Class. brunbbmerc. S&R's number one Rams fan.
http://www.gif-man.com/Animatedgifs/Spinning-SkullRedEyes.gif
#10GGearXPosted 6/28/2013 10:07:10 PM
Whats TP and DP about? Are they that sort of TV / Videogame combo? Like that defiance thing?
---
Gt-KryDamoure (Cryoflove)
..........I-I'm a very shyyy guy, I-I'm sorry ....... *blushes *