This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"Unrecognized disc" appeared when I started my xbox

#1RKO_ON_RAWPosted 6/29/2013 6:10:14 PM
in the area that usually has the name of the game instead. I took the disc out and looked at it (it looks fine). Put it back in and it worked fine. When I went back to the dashboard, it had the name/logo for the game as usual.

Does this happen often to you guys as well? The last time I had this happen (which was the first time) was around November time, if I recall correctly it was the same game as well.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/64275451 - Skyrim Level 81 Guide
#2glassghost0Posted 6/29/2013 6:13:13 PM
Use to happen to me with New Vegas, that's the only game I can recall where it did it more than once.

I wouldn't worry about it.
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#3RKO_ON_RAW(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 6:15:17 PM
Alright thanks. Speaking of new vegas, I've been meaning to start a new game. I recall having a ridiculously large amount of ammo from that glitch with the merchant in the starting town. You can do the trick where you hotkey the ammo and pretty much use said ammo for any weapon type (even the mini nuke launcher).
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/64275451 - Skyrim Level 81 Guide
#4VeryDarkSoulPosted 6/29/2013 6:38:47 PM(edited)
when i used to play army of two once or twice i got that message from xbox, never again with any other games, and this was like 2 years ago. Basically you only need to worry if you get errors during playing the game.
---
Ron Paul 2012
#5RKO_ON_RAW(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 7:24:07 AM
VeryDarkSoul posted...
when i used to play army of two once or twice i got that message from xbox, never again with any other games, and this was like 2 years ago. Basically you only need to worry if you get errors during playing the game.

Alright. Thanks. I should be good then I think. Never did get an error while playing the game. The first time I got this error was while installing this game (then brand new day 1 copy) to the xbox HDD. The install stopped halfway with an error. I tried again and it worked.

Since then it's been working fine up until the error yesterday. It still works fine (at least for now) after the error. Probably just a small error. I should have written down the error code though.
---
#6mike468Posted 6/30/2013 8:59:18 AM
Do you have an older model 360? I recently replaced my older model with a slim, and I was actually getting that message myself more often over the past few months. Reading around it sounded like my disk drive was dying out.
---
gamertag: Kabal31082
#7TheGrandFinalePosted 6/30/2013 9:14:34 AM
The laser in your disc drive is worn out, so as time pass it's going to do this more often until it stops reading disks. Could be a year though, so don't sweat it. I started installing all my games when this happened to my second 360.
---
GT- F0rneus / Nintendo Network - F0rneus / PSN -Helphinx / Steam- F0rneus / 3DS FC: 4425-1553-4029
#8RKO_ON_RAW(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 10:01:39 AM
mike468 posted...
Do you have an older model 360? I recently replaced my older model with a slim, and I was actually getting that message myself more often over the past few months. Reading around it sounded like my disk drive was dying out.

I have the 4GB slim. I upgraded it with the official Microsoft 250GB HDD when I bought it.
---
#9RKO_ON_RAW(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 10:03:56 AM
On PS3, if your console dies you just deactivate your PSN account(s) on the old console via Sony's website and activate the PSN account on the new console and you have access to your downloaded games/dlc.

How does it work on xbox 360? I'm assuming you just start up the new console and select the "download profile" option? Then do you go to their website and do the license transfer? Or is there something one needs to do BEFORE the old console breaks to prevent loss of downloaded content.
---
#10mike468Posted 6/30/2013 10:23:00 AM
RKO_ON_RAW posted...
On PS3, if your console dies you just deactivate your PSN account(s) on the old console via Sony's website and activate the PSN account on the new console and you have access to your downloaded games/dlc.

How does it work on xbox 360? I'm assuming you just start up the new console and select the "download profile" option? Then do you go to their website and do the license transfer? Or is there something one needs to do BEFORE the old console breaks to prevent loss of downloaded content.

No, you do the license transfer after on the new console, but it can only be done once per year. You just download your profile to the new console and then go into your download history and you can redownload your games and content. Or you can just transfer them to the new console to save time and then just do the license transfer.
---
gamertag: Kabal31082