This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games like the new Devil May Cry?

#21Robin_MaskPosted 6/30/2013 10:19:01 AM(edited)
joegt123 posted...
...They're not crap, they're just not about the actual combat itself. They're about strategy and not failing the mission more than plain old not dying.

The gameplay is some of the worst, just basic two button attacks, compared to the rest of the games on the list. Besides Batman of course. AI isn't amazing either.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#22sonicteam2k1Posted 6/30/2013 10:21:25 AM
joegt123 posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
stay away from Deadpool, Afro Samurai, Ninja Blade, Enslaved, Conan (last boss is a pain in the ass), and Borderline The Force Unleashed games. 1 is average and 2 is awful.

Also another good title would be Castlevania Lords of Shadow.

Deadpool is hysterical.
Afro samurai is actually pretty good, especially if you liked the show.
Ninja blade isn't a hacknslash quite so much as it is a cinematic action game (see Asura's Wrath) even though it has some hacknslash gameplay.

And "good" for LoS is a relative term. It has some pretty big issues that keep it from being what it should have been. Primarily the insubstantial nature of most combo's resulting in enemies just lolno-ing through your attacks and hitting you while you're swinging at them without you actually managing to USE any of those fancy asswhooping combo's you bought. That combined with some relatively bad camera zooming which can make it difficult to see the enemies attacking period can result in a downright frustrating experience. Not to mention, getting used to block and dodge being the same button was a chore....

Story, graphics, audio, and format are all good aspects of it, but some critical gameplay issues prevent it from being great.

Deadpool is a well written game, but that's about it. the combat is bad, and if TC is looking for combat, he doesn't want this game.

I like the Afro Samurai series, but the combat in the game isn't tight, and the TC is looking for games with tight combat.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#23ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 6/30/2013 11:06:47 AM
i agree with deadpool. the gameplay is similar in that you can switch between weapons mid combo and juggle with guns but its nowhere near as fluent or deep. cool game though.
---
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#24velvet_hammerPosted 6/30/2013 5:27:31 PM
TC get MGR and thank me later.. I know you said your not an expert but normal is still pretty easy.. heck even hard is easy.. but if you have too, play on easy mode..
---
"Ignorance is venomous, and it murders the soul
Spreading like a virus running rampant, but out of control" Immortal Technique
#25ukokira1Posted 6/30/2013 9:26:01 PM
glassghost0 posted...
I had a free redbox rental so I gave DMC a shot, I really enjoyed it, I'm no master of these type of games by any means but I had a good time with it, I've gone about halfway through Bayonetta and enjoy it as well.

My main question would be, the HD collection, are the previous games basically the same thing? If so I might pick it up.

For fans of the series, was it just how Dante looked that got the game some hate? Or was it different?

I also know of Ninja Gaiden and MGR

It was more than his appearance. 30 FPS. The gameplay and combat system got dumbed down. Really easy. The reboot was not even needed because if all the plot holes still left in the original series, The devs of the new DmC insulting fans, Swearing to be cool, etc.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#26ukokira1Posted 6/30/2013 9:27:42 PM
glassghost0 posted...
He did say hack n slash and beat em up

Vanquish is neither of those things. Not anywhere near it.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#27glassghost0(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 9:30:55 PM
ukokira1 posted...
glassghost0 posted...
He did say hack n slash and beat em up

Vanquish is neither of those things. Not anywhere near it.

I wasn't talking about Vanquish nor was the user when I said that.....

He bolded the some games and mentioned the Arkham games
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#28UltimateGeth39Posted 7/1/2013 12:24:25 AM
I hate what they did to dante in the game seriously though
Donte gets a big cut on his chest(which he may have done himself) he cries like a baby
Dante gets impaled by his own sword and just shrugs it off like nothing happened
---
"There's always a man, a lighthouse, a city."
#29SunDevil77Posted 7/1/2013 2:45:04 AM
UltimateGeth39 posted...
I hate what they did to dante in the game seriously though
Donte gets a big cut on his chest(which he may have done himself) he cries like a baby
Dante gets impaled by his own sword and just shrugs it off like nothing happened

This is the youngest Dante that DMC has ever portrayed. It's his origin story. He isn't nearly as powerful as he is in the other games yet
---
Look. I'm not a very good shot, but this American, here....uses really big bullets.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#30mabber_IIIPosted 7/1/2013 3:17:02 AM
buy enslaved