This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Name a game you THINK is great, but just can't play

#1RankorrPosted 6/30/2013 5:35:12 AM
I thought this was an interesting (Probably done) thing to do. Let's all name some games that we watch others play, know the features it has and really think is awesome, but you just can't get yourself to sit down and play it!

I'll start with the Borderlands series. I like FPS', I love loot based games, and I like the style of it---AND it's multiplayer. Win win win!!! Yet for the life of me, I can't play more than a few hours of the series as a whole before I push it into the back burner for months at a time.

Go!
#2SunDevil77Posted 6/30/2013 5:38:00 AM
Uncharted 1 and 3
Fallout 3
And Dark Souls. After I beat it, I just really don't feel like keeping at it.
---
Look. I'm not a very good shot, but this American, here....uses really big bullets.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#3En Sabah NurPosted 6/30/2013 6:09:09 AM
Most people I know feel this way about Red Dead Redemption. Great game but just too big/long. I had a lot of free time last year and managed to 100% it. It was very daunting at first, but I ended up enjoying it immensely.

I think I would have to cite certain Nintendo franchises like Legend of Zelda. They're good games but I can rarely ever stand to play them. Even if I start one, I won't ever finish it.
---
Playing - Marvel Heroes (UP), SWTOR, Guild Wars 2, Secret World, Injustice, Metal Gear Rising, Spec Ops, Darksiders 2, Crysis 3, Dead Space 3, Hitman Absolution
#4Gunvalkyrie2Posted 6/30/2013 6:11:46 AM
RDR is obviously a great game, with great production values -- but i despise open world games enough to pass on it.
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#5GGearXPosted 6/30/2013 6:12:26 AM
Recently tomb raider, it was ok, just the combat threw me off so much, and the faces were too cartoony in a wierd way, also, not much tomb raiding,

Oh complete 1 puzzle!

TOMB RAIDED.

wtf...
---
Gt-KryDamoure (Cryoflove)
..........I-I'm a very shyyy guy, I-I'm sorry ....... *blushes *
#6Gunvalkyrie2Posted 6/30/2013 6:20:21 AM
GGearX posted...
Recently tomb raider, it was ok, just the combat threw me off so much, and the faces were too cartoony in a wierd way, also, not much tomb raiding,

Oh complete 1 puzzle!

TOMB RAIDED.

wtf...

Name a game you THINK is great

Recently tomb raider, it was ok
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#7GGearXPosted 6/30/2013 6:51:54 AM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
GGearX posted...

Oh complete 1 puzzle!

TOMB RAIDED.

wtf...

Name a game you THINK is great

Recently tomb raider, it was ok

huh?

I don't know what you mean by that. I think its great, but it's not for me.
---
Gt-KryDamoure (Cryoflove)
..........I-I'm a very shyyy guy, I-I'm sorry ....... *blushes *
#8OverburdenedPosted 6/30/2013 7:19:46 AM
Bioshocks

Fallouts

Battlefields
---
Obliteration never felt so divine._
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
#9RAGEface14Posted 6/30/2013 8:27:04 AM
Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

I bought it a year ago, and it looks absolutely amazing. And every time I play it, I absolutely love the experience. And yet, I can't bring myself to keep playing it. I've started a new file about 8 times and never make it past mission 3 before I stop playing it.
---
Rage
hi
#10nazacuckooPosted 6/30/2013 8:42:53 AM
Bioshock Infinite.
Ok, let me just say that I love that game, but I've had it since launch and even though it's one of my
favourite games ever, I still haven't beaten it. I play it for a while, then take really long breaks from the game. I will finish it, and I do love the game, but I just seem to take really long breaks from the game.
Strange.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt
The official Stalfos of the "A link to the Past 3DS" board.