This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

200 free Microsoft Points per Xbox Live account - Scotiabank promo

#1levyjl1988Posted 6/30/2013 7:04:15 AM
Hi all,

Just booted up my xbox360 and noticed a new Scotiabank promo on the dashboard for 200 free Microsoft points.

- 100 points for watching a 30 second commercial
- 100 points for providing your email

They give you codes for the points, so you can presumably do this with multiple accounts...

update: the ad can appear on any of the media tabs (so not the social tab or the system tab but anywhere else.) If you don't see the ad, no need to reboot, simply log out of the account, and back in again, and ads will refresh. Works on silver or gold accounts, but must be xbox live. A local account will not receive the ad. There is a random factor for which ads you get, so it could take up to a dozen attempts (or more?) to get the Scotia ad. Also, I noticed the 100pt codes work on Hungarian accounts which might come in handy during the ultimate game sale next week...

from: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/200-free-microsoft-points-per-xbox-live-account-scotiabank-promo-1355305/

Just confirmed it for myself to work. Can only be applied once per account. 100 pts right away and another by e-mail. Got the e-mail instantly.
---
Now I'll have to buy all next gen consoles, sigh. :(
#2stawg007Posted 6/30/2013 7:12:19 AM
What countries are eligible for this?
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#3GGearXPosted 6/30/2013 7:13:25 AM
You are now tracking this topic.
---
Gt-KryDamoure (Cryoflove)
..........I-I'm a very shyyy guy, I-I'm sorry ....... *blushes *
#4levyjl1988(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 7:14:27 AM
I'm Canadian so I'm trying to exploit this. lol. The codes are transferrable. The points aren't deposited into your account until you redeem them.
---
#5ZDT_LeaderPosted 6/30/2013 7:24:21 AM
I've tried 6 times so far and no good. I keep getting mainly the same ads.

I don't think this is in america. Never even heard of them <_<
---
LoL IGN/Gamertag: Zerochronic
R.I.P Mom..Aug 30th, 2007
#6NickDrakePosted 6/30/2013 7:24:43 AM
It appears to be a Canadian only deal.
---
Take a look at the Lawman beating up the wrong guy
Oh, man! Wonder if he'll ever know...
#7GGearXPosted 6/30/2013 7:27:53 AM
NickDrake posted...

Ugh. oh well.
---
Gt-KryDamoure (Cryoflove)
..........I-I'm a very shyyy guy, I-I'm sorry ....... *blushes *
#8ZDT_LeaderPosted 6/30/2013 7:32:07 AM
GGearX posted...
NickDrake posted...

Ugh. oh well.

I know right? With my bing rewards points coming in I'l have 1280 points.. but that's not enough for the higher games.. I want some newer games damnit!

I mean I have a good collection but I almost never get games until a decent amount of months after they come out.
---
LoL IGN/Gamertag: Zerochronic
R.I.P Mom..Aug 30th, 2007
#9levyjl1988(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 7:43:31 AM
Bam I got 800pts just by doing this lol. Took some time to get the ads to appear though.
---
#10frater_davidPosted 6/30/2013 7:45:42 AM
levyjl1988 posted...
Bam I got 800pts just by doing this lol. Took some time to get the ads to appear though.

Good. I wish I could of done it, i would of spent all day doing it so I could buy some games. I even tried to change my locale. It was worth a shot, and good news for any Canadian users.