This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is the digital version of mirrors edge compared to disc version

#1pyrokinesis666Posted 6/30/2013 1:00:57 PM
even though mirrors edge could possibly be one of the free games, I need to get this now.

I know some digital versions of games have glitches and flaws that the disc versions don't.

how is the digital version of mirrors edge
---
live tag: XxPyRoKiNeTiCxX
#2smashthesmurfsPosted 6/30/2013 1:02:18 PM
I don't know much but I can tell you that you will not have a disc/box/manual with the digital version but you will have 6 gb missing on your harddrive. That's all I know up to this point.
---
GT: papa cashwads
#3Ginsu VictimPosted 6/30/2013 1:04:31 PM
pyrokinesis666 posted...
I know some digital versions of games have glitches and flaws that the disc versions don't.

I have 28 Games on Demand and haven't run into a single issue.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#4pyrokinesis666(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 1:06:36 PM
Ginsu Victim posted...
pyrokinesis666 posted...

is this one of them
---
live tag: XxPyRoKiNeTiCxX
#5blakbird13Posted 6/30/2013 1:43:46 PM
pyrokinesis666 posted...
Ginsu Victim posted...
pyrokinesis666 posted...

is this one of them

I have it on demand and haven't had any problems with it ... Except me not knowing what I'm doing some time ... But that would have happened with the physical copy too ... The only problems I've had with G.O.D games are with the original Xbox games some have had glitches sometimes ... But I have had problems with the physical games as well ...
#6pothocketPosted 6/30/2013 2:02:38 PM
Just some advice for TC: this is a trial-and-error game. You will stumble through each level, and die - a lot. However, if you settle down and take the time to practice the unique gameplay and study the levels, you'll find where the greatness of the game is: beating a level with style.

There is no leveling up or unlocking of abilities, so the only thing separating you from playing/feeling like a total badass is time and practice. ME doesn't seem like it but it's a very replayable game as you replay levels over and over again trying to figure out the best/fastest/slickest way to deal with any given area.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#7Super CreaturesPosted 6/30/2013 2:08:28 PM
pyrokinesis666 posted...

Maybe some of the Xbox Originals, but, then, the physical copies usually have those same issues due to the emulation.

No Xbox 360 games available through Games on Demand should have any issues not found in the physical copy as well.

The only possible difference between most GoD versions and retail versions is that with the retail version you have the choice of installing the game or not, with a GoD version, you are always running it as if you had installed the physical version.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.