This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Biggest disappointments this gen?

#1Bac0n01Posted 7/1/2013 4:52:57 AM
What games did you think we're the biggest disappointments this gen? I have to go with RAGE. It is a fairly pretty, but otherwise subpar shooter. It is arguably one of the most repetitive games this gen. Literally every mission is "Drive here, go through corridors and shoot evil mutant guys in the face, press X on the object, take shortcut out of facility, go drive back to city". I mean, I love fps's, but couldn't even bring myself to finish it.
---
Michael: "What was the most inspiring thing I ever said to you?"
Dwight: "Don't be an idiot. Changed my life."
#2Jiggysan10Posted 7/1/2013 4:53:59 AM
COD 4 and every Battlefield game after Bad Company 1
#3ZacTBPosted 7/1/2013 4:55:54 AM
Left 4 Dead 2, Max Payne 3 and L.A. Noire for me

All had their good moments though, and I'd still rate them all higher than 7/10 but I just expected too much out of all three of them.
#4LapanuiPosted 7/1/2013 5:03:47 AM
I enjoyed RAGE, but the ending was just a lackluster. I think it ruined the game overall for me. I liked the graphics, I think the combat was pretty good. I hated that bloody gambling game, can't remember much of it, but I'm pretty sure you roll dice or something. Absolute BS that was.

For me, it has to be Hitman Absolution. I had never played a Hitman game before, people said Hitman was a good series so I thought, let's try it out. Got it on release day and I have to say, it just wasn't great. You just caught way too easily. I had trouble with sneaking around with disguises that they had never seen before. I also found it strange why someone would find you suspicious all the time when wearing different disguises.

I finished the game, but after that, I was done with the game. It was a toss up between Hitman or Far Cry 3. I wish I had bought FC3 instead of that. I did get FC3 like a month later and I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than Hitman.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#5Bac0n01(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 5:05:18 AM
Lapanui posted...
I enjoyed RAGE, but the ending was just a lackluster. I think it ruined the game overall for me. I liked the graphics, I think the combat was pretty good. I hated that bloody gambling game, can't remember much of it, but I'm pretty sure you roll dice or something. Absolute BS that was.

For me, it has to be Hitman Absolution. I had never played a Hitman game before, people said Hitman was a good series so I thought, let's try it out. Got it on release day and I have to say, it just wasn't great. You just caught way too easily. I had trouble with sneaking around with disguises that they had never seen before. I also found it strange why someone would find you suspicious all the time when wearing different disguises.

I finished the game, but after that, I was done with the game. It was a toss up between Hitman or Far Cry 3. I wish I had bought FC3 instead of that. I did get FC3 like a month later and I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than Hitman.

Yeah you had to roll 4 skulls or something and it really sucked...
---
#6FocianPosted 7/1/2013 5:08:29 AM
Brink.
---
GT/PSN: Focian
The measure of a life is a measure of love and respect; So hard to earn, so easily burned.
#7pothocketPosted 7/1/2013 5:12:07 AM
Bulletstorm
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#8Bac0n01(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 5:13:13 AM
Focian posted...
Brink.

Was that the one that was sort of an MMOFPS?
---
#9ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 7/1/2013 5:18:05 AM
ninja gaiden 3 or gta 4
---
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#10Gunvalkyrie2Posted 7/1/2013 5:21:56 AM
sonic 06 -- how SEGA?

Bioshock Infinite -- I adored Bioshock 1 but could not get into BI
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.