This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wii U to 360. Good idea?

#1flipzasPosted 7/1/2013 6:51:40 AM
I will most likely be heckled for saying this...I got the Wii U on launch day as a birthday present (launch date was November 18 and my birthday is on the 20th). while the Wii U has a good concept and nice controller there are no games right now or in the future I want to play. I only have mario nintendo land and need for speed for it.

At this point the only reason to keep my wii u is for 1st party titles, which won't be released in months/years (not interested in 3rd party wii u titles)

What do you guys say? Should I sell the Wii U and get an Xbox 360? TBH I want a PS3 more but Xbox 360 has a cheaper starting price, and I don't have a job atm
#2SoincMetalPosted 7/1/2013 6:55:02 AM
Keep the wii u and save for a ps3 or 360.......
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#3flipzas(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 6:56:27 AM
SoincMetal posted...
Keep the wii u and save for a ps3 or 360.......

Saving up will take a long time unless I sell something
#4SoincMetalPosted 7/1/2013 6:58:13 AM
Well the answer to that is in your last 5 words of your first post.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#5flipzas(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 7:01:19 AM(edited)
I'm 14. Also my "job" was babysitting but I can no longer do that.
#6ARsignal11Posted 7/1/2013 7:00:33 AM
No. There WILL be games for the Wii U that are worth playing, but it'll just take some time. Same thing happened with the 3DS. Why not look into some Wii games, since the Wii U is backwards compatible? There are a ton of gems in the Wii library that are worth playing.

Honestly, even if you sell your Wii U to get money, you won't get much money back. Maybe enough to get an Xbox 360 with a decent hard drive. But as you said, you don't have a job. How are you going to buy games then?
#7flipzas(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 7:05:19 AM(edited)
ARsignal11 posted...
No. There WILL be games for the Wii U that are worth playing, but it'll just take some time. Same thing happened with the 3DS. Why not look into some Wii games, since the Wii U is backwards compatible? There are a ton of gems in the Wii library that are worth playing.

Honestly, even if you sell your Wii U to get money, you won't get much money back. Maybe enough to get an Xbox 360 with a decent hard drive. But as you said, you don't have a job. How are you going to buy games then?

Well:
1) I have $400 in my savings account I can use to buy games
2) Selling my Wii U will let me buy a used Xbox with quite a lot of $ left (if I sell it for $250)
3) I already have a huge library of Wii games and an acutal Wii
#8ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 7/1/2013 7:04:27 AM
i say go for it. you said there are no games in the future for the pii U that you want. the 360 has an enormous library of games and even some more for the next couple of years. wii u is garbage and only facilitates to people who want yet another mario or zelda. i say get a 360 then a 3ds down the road.
---
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#9flipzas(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 7:10:32 AM
OK, I'm still listening for any other ideas but I'm still leaning towards selling my Wii U.PS I have a 3DS and it's pretty good
#10LapanuiPosted 7/1/2013 7:20:27 AM
It's a difficult decision.

If you were older and had a job, we could just say, keep the Wii U and save up for a PS3 or 360, but it's difficult if you are young and have no job.

It's all down to your preferences. If the games you want to play are on the PS3 or 360, then you should get either one of those.

I bought a Wii U for Monster Hunter and that's the only game I was interested in that was being released quite early on. Other games are being released later this year or next year, but I am more interested in the games for the 360 and PS3 later this year.

I think the games to really look out for, for the Wii U are:

Bayonetta 2
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
X

You can get Super Smash Bros. on the 3DS. Again, you could get The Wind Waker for the Gamecube and play it on the Wii. Rayman Legends is being released on the 360 and PS3. The Wonderful 101 looks like a really fun game. Super Mario 3D World also looks interesting, but if you aren't into Mario, then most of the Wii U library isn't going to interest you because the main focus is going to be Mario games and the occasional JRPG.

The 360 and PS3 are cheaper, there are way more games and they are way cheaper. You will get more enjoyment out of a PS3 or a 360 because you will actually be playing it and not waiting months or a year for games that you might be interested in.

If you do decide to sell the Wii U. The last decision is down to which exclusives interest you more, the 360's or the PS3's?
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1