This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2 Xbox Guys Fired this year

#1jaymart_2kPosted 7/1/2013 10:28:39 AM
#Dealwithit guy
Don Mattrick - Just buy a Xbox 360 guy

Who's next?
---
(Xbox Live GT) jaymart 4point0 (PSN) jaymart_ 2k (Twitter) jaymart2k (Nintendo ID) JayMart (Gamefaqs) Marked Trolling for talking positive of Wii U
#2DWB1982Posted 7/1/2013 10:34:20 AM
I'm going out on a limb here and I'm predicting that once XBOX1 fails hard, which it's going to, I think Microsoft will be done with video gaming... XBOX1 will be the last console they produce...

Microsoft is just too out of touch with the customers to continue to grow...

This is how American corporations are run...
---
PSN=MWB1982
360 Live=InterceptorGT
#3jaymart_2k(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 10:39:48 AM
DWB1982 posted...
I'm going out on a limb here and I'm predicting that once XBOX1 fails hard, which it's going to, I think Microsoft will be done with video gaming... XBOX1 will be the last console they produce...

How dare u. Microsoft has been really successful.

Products such as Zune, Windows 8 , Tablets, HD DVDs,Phones , Original RROD Xbox 360<sarcasm>.
---
(Xbox Live GT) jaymart 4point0 (PSN) jaymart_ 2k (Twitter) jaymart2k (Nintendo ID) JayMart (Gamefaqs) Marked Trolling for talking positive of Wii U
#4Dragon NexusPosted 7/1/2013 11:08:00 AM
Except the market they're likely targetting - ie the white, affluent, middle class white boys - will likely still buy the thing if their favourute games are on it.

Just because hardcore gamers don't particularly like the thing and disagree with its methods, doesn't mean the majority of gamers will care.
I mean look at the number of people who complain about the cost of CoD's map packs, and rightfully so considering what you generally get from them, and then look at how many people buy them anyway because they simply don't care about whatever controversy is happening over there away from their fun times.

Bottom line is the average persn doesn't care about the news and history around a product if they want to buy it. They just buy it.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#5DWB1982Posted 7/1/2013 11:16:15 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Except the market they're likely targetting - ie the white, affluent, middle class white boys - will likely still buy the thing if their favourute games are on it.

Just because hardcore gamers don't particularly like the thing and disagree with its methods, doesn't mean the majority of gamers will care.
I mean look at the number of people who complain about the cost of CoD's map packs, and rightfully so considering what you generally get from them, and then look at how many people buy them anyway because they simply don't care about whatever controversy is happening over there away from their fun times.

Bottom line is the average persn doesn't care about the news and history around a product if they want to buy it. They just buy it.

I think you underestimate the customer base...

Like I said, the entire world took a collective dump on the XBOX1 when it was revealed... It wasn't just the gaming message boards... EVERYONE... The failure of the XBOX1 went viral world wide... People were taking dumps on it on the Little Debbie snack cake forums...

The entire world except for a few shills all hate MS right now....

The XBOX1 is going to fall flat on it's face... I'm sorry you preordered one...
---
PSN=MWB1982
360 Live=InterceptorGT
#6656stoogePosted 7/1/2013 11:19:39 AM
Yeah, the PS3 didn't get this much hate when it was announced, even at the $599 price tag, and Sony were coming off the most successful console in history. MS are going to need to claw themselves out of a very deep hole if they're to survive in this industry.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#7PsychoDrama1Posted 7/1/2013 11:25:06 AM
I'm still getting a PS4, but I like the attempt to recover.
Step 1: Reverse DRM/Used game stuff
Step 2: Get rid of awful Don Mattrick
Step 3: Get rid of Kinect 2.0 requirement, offer alternate system with no kinect for 100$ less
Step 4: Announce a bunch of new IP's to make up for seemingly endless Gears/Halo/Forza sequels.

-those last 2 steps could be huge in a push to win gamers back.
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals
#8656stoogePosted 7/1/2013 11:26:16 AM
PsychoDrama1 posted...
I'm still getting a PS4, but I like the attempt to recover.
Step 1: Reverse DRM/Used game stuff
Step 2: Get rid of awful Don Mattrick
Step 3: Get rid of Kinect 2.0 requirement, offer alternate system with no kinect for 100$ less
Step 4: Announce a bunch of new IP's to make up for seemingly endless Gears/Halo/Forza sequels.

-those last 2 steps could be huge in a push to win gamers back.

If they do the third one then I'll consider the console at a later date.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#9RaRitsujunPosted 7/1/2013 11:28:55 AM
Sad, Pon Pattrick was an awesome Sony employee.
---
Low-s pre-orders changed Microsofie's mind. Xbots have been in denial since 2006.
Multiplatform gamer. Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#10FrozenHELL78Posted 7/1/2013 12:03:32 PM
DWB1982 posted...

i could agree with the last gaming console for microsoft. but with all of this extra stuff they added with TV and the kinect features, i wouldnt be surprised if microsoft at some point leaves gaming alone and focuses on the other stuff that the xbone can do.
---
Nice!!