This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Where is your sensitive info stored?

#1_Lime_Slime_Posted 7/1/2013 11:16:14 AM
On the HDD or the Xbox console itself? I was thinking of just removing the hard drive and selling the console. I would like to sell my old launch 360 and feel comfortable about it.
---
"I have to admire your prudent nature. Why get caught up in action, ya know? And results..." ~Yes Man
#2squarex8264Posted 7/1/2013 11:20:30 AM
_Lime_Slime_ posted...
On the HDD or the Xbox console itself? I was thinking of just removing the hard drive and selling the console. I would like to sell my old launch 360 and feel comfortable about it.

The only sensitive info you should be wary of would be your profile and email address associated with that profile, but that is stored on whatever storage device your gamertag is located on (HDD, USB, etc).

All other sensitive details should be stored server-side with Microsoft.

So yeah, if you want to just sell your console without the HDD, there is nothing that should be on the hardware, unless you are selling a slim and stored something on the flash memory.
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#3Dragon NexusPosted 7/1/2013 11:36:14 AM
There's nothing stored on the console itself, any data is on the hard drive. Especially with a launch console that didn't come with any internal flash memory.

If you're selling the hard drive as well, format it before doing so. Just make sure you've backed up anything you want to keep before hand, in particular saves, because formatting will erase them forever.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#4_Lime_Slime_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 11:38:03 AM
Hmm...so credit card info and everything should be fine? I've also noticed that there is still some info on the console itself--system updates and such I would guess?
---
"I have to admire your prudent nature. Why get caught up in action, ya know? And results..." ~Yes Man
#5Dragon NexusPosted 7/1/2013 12:18:54 PM
Hmm...so credit card info and everything should be fine? I've also noticed that there is still some info on the console itself--system updates and such I would guess?

They might only get to it if you leave your profile on the hard drive, assuming you sell the hard drive too. If you're not selling the HDD, there's no need to worry. If you are, just format it after backing it up.

CC info is stored on Microsoft's servers. People need access to your account somehow to get to it.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde