This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So have they pretty much given up on Xbox Live Rewards?

#1theawesomestevrPosted 7/1/2013 6:04:21 PM
I know it's only worth the equivalent of a quarter a month, but they apparently stopped doing surveys this month for rewards, and I'm certainly not buying $100+ worth of Games on Demand in the next couple weeks to get 1600 MSP back.

Are they just giving up on the program and replacing it with the free Gold games or something?
#2googler2Posted 7/1/2013 6:08:06 PM
I agree the rewards blow, but buying 5 games may be a pretty good deal if there's anything you fancy with the games on demand sale going on right now
#3Gillian SeedPosted 7/1/2013 6:21:05 PM
Even if you spend $100+ on GonD it's possible you won't get that $20 back. You could spend $61 on all the GonDs that went on sale today, and you wouldn't be $1 closer to completing that punchcard. You need to buy a GonD that costs $20 to get a punch, so none of the games that went on sale today will qualify.
#4mabber_IIIPosted 7/2/2013 12:35:28 AM
googler2 posted...
I agree the rewards blow, but buying 5 games may be a pretty good deal if there's anything you fancy with the games on demand sale going on right now

the games have to be at least 20 dollars to qualify

you would save way more money waiting for sales than buying 5 20 dollar games just to get 20 dollars back
#5klajdi6363Posted 7/2/2013 3:22:09 AM(edited)
It's incredibly frustrating for me since I had 80mp pending and doing this months survery would've got me the extra hundred so I could've bought Far cry 3 in todays sale which I'm short of by 60 points.

Do you guys think it's possible they could transfer those 80 points in my account if I called customer support because otherwise, they'll just be stuck there pending forever?
---
The internet: Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are the FBI
Okami! Play this game if you haven't already!
#6RumbleSmithPosted 7/2/2013 4:01:11 AM
klajdi6363 posted...
It's incredibly frustrating for me since I had 80mp pending and doing this months survery would've got me the extra hundred so I could've bought Far cry 3 in todays sale which I'm short of by 60 points.

Do you guys think it's possible they could transfer those 80 points in my account if I called customer support because otherwise, they'll just be stuck there pending forever?

You wouldn't get the points that quickly anyways.
---
Rumble Rumble
#7klajdi6363Posted 7/2/2013 4:13:59 AM(edited)
RumbleSmith posted...
klajdi6363 posted...

Yeah, probably :(

Well seems like microsft gets to con me out of a few quid once again with this microsoft points system since I'll buy another batch to get FC3 with points left over that I can't spend.

It would've been much more consumer friendly for them to allow people to buy exact points (in tenths) that people need so they don't feel like this money is going to waste. Or they could've just used real money but it took them eight years to do that on a different console anyhow.
---
The internet: Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are the FBI
#8Gillian SeedPosted 7/2/2013 9:30:59 AM
klajdi6363 posted...
RumbleSmith posted...
klajdi6363 posted...

Well seems like microsft gets to con me out of a few quid once again with this microsoft points system since I'll buy another batch to get FC3 with points left over that I can't spend.

It would've been much more consumer friendly for them to allow people to buy exact points (in tenths) that people need so they don't feel like this money is going to waste. Or they could've just used real money but it took them eight years to do that on a different console anyhow.

Just before the MSP to money conversion Xbox Live Rewards is going to deposit all pending points. So whenever that happens you'll get those 80 MSP.

You don't have to buy GonD with MSP. You can buy them with real money.
#9klajdi6363Posted 7/2/2013 11:48:14 AM
Gillian Seed posted...
klajdi6363 posted...
RumbleSmith posted...
klajdi6363 posted...

Just before the MSP to money conversion Xbox Live Rewards is going to deposit all pending points. So whenever that happens you'll get those 80 MSP.

You don't have to buy GonD with MSP. You can buy them with real money.

That's good to know.

I wanted to use MP instead of real money as i had some saved up and didn't want them to go to waste.
---
#10TheBlueStigPosted 7/2/2013 12:51:19 PM
Look at the dates on the punchcards, they both stop at 7/15/13 now, but when they started they both stopped at 7/1/13.

That could mean one of two things...

1. They just extended the end date to give people more of a chance to fill out the cards.

2. That the 15th is the date for the points to end and be converted into local currency, which is when the s*** hits the fan for game prices because they'll all go up just because of sales tax.

My bet is on #2.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin