This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

One last kick in the teeth from Microsoft.

#1CaoNiMa69Posted 7/1/2013 6:18:40 PM
So, I absolutely loved the 360, although the advertisements on the dashboard and the Xbox Live paywall for things like Netflix absolutely infuriated me. But then the Xbox One killed any interest I ever had in purchasing another MS product.

My Live subscription runs out July 10th, and I was only somewhat excited because it seemed to me that they'd be giving away AC2 and Halo 3 in this month. But nope. Going back to the original statement now I realize it was entirely and intentionally misleading.

Admittedly I'll keep my 360 until it breaks (which with their track record, it could be any moment). So thanks for the good times MS, but I think it's time we part ways. PC/Sony, here I come.
#2TheStattlerPosted 7/1/2013 6:31:57 PM
As others have said in other topics, it's your fault for assuming what was not actually said.
---
OFFICIAL BOY WHO WAITED OF THE DOCTOR WHO BOARD
Stattox.....REBORN!
#3glassghost0Posted 7/1/2013 6:33:23 PM
It wasn't misleading at all, people didn't pay attention to what was said
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#4Pizza_DelivererPosted 7/1/2013 6:35:11 PM
What exactly did TC misunderstand?

Did I miss something?
#5TheStattlerPosted 7/1/2013 6:36:20 PM
Pizza_Deliverer posted...

Did I miss something?

That Halo 3 and AC2 were the free games in July.
---
OFFICIAL BOY WHO WAITED OF THE DOCTOR WHO BOARD
Stattox.....REBORN!
#6orangeneePosted 7/1/2013 6:38:39 PM
A whole crap ton of hindsight bias on this subject. Not to mention they and the media heavily implied they would be. Granted it was not outright stated.
---
Official Official of the Official board!!!
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#7Krauser86Posted 7/1/2013 6:40:00 PM(edited)
glassghost0 posted...
It wasn't misleading at all, people didn't pay attention to what was said

IIRC, OXM said it would be Halo 3 July 1st.

I mean, not out of the mouths of Microsoft directly, but they're called 'Official Xbox Magazine' for a reason.
---
Bloody screen... so REAL!
Poppy Bros. Junior! Poppy Bros. Senior!
#8glassghost0Posted 7/1/2013 6:40:07 PM
orangenee posted...
A whole crap ton of hindsight bias on this subject. Not to mention they and the media heavily implied they would be. Granted it was not outright stated.

NO. They clearly said they were kicking it off by announcing two games that would be included, they never said those would be first
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#9Pizza_DelivererPosted 7/1/2013 6:41:26 PM
TheStattler posted...
Pizza_Deliverer posted...

Did I miss something?

That Halo 3 and AC2 were the free games in July.

Microsoft never said they were going to be free? I thought there were release dates and everything for those two games which would be free?
#10Gillian SeedPosted 7/1/2013 6:42:25 PM
I can see how the announcement wasn't clear, but I don't think it makes sense to think they purposely tried to mislead us. In a few weeks we were obviously going to find out Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed II weren't going to be free this month. What would be their reason for misleading us? The only thing it would accomplish is people feeling tricked on July 1.

I think the only thing they had in mind was they wanted to name drop the highest profile games that they would be giving for free to Gold subscribers. There is some decent reasoning to that. At a press conference you want to make everything seem super awesome. So, you mention the best games that will be a part of the promotion instead of simply the first.

My browser shows I have clicked on your profile. I'm guessing this isn't your first complaint.