This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

One last kick in the teeth from Microsoft.

#31SolidStryderPosted 7/2/2013 10:19:58 AM
xChaos001 posted...
656stooge posted...
Winternova posted...

But you're getting exactly what you paid for with the LIVE Gold subscription...

But if you subscribed earlier this month just to get the free copy of Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed2 as promised by Xbox support, then I guess you could call that...a bait and switch?

Why would you buy an online gaming service solely on the intent of receiving a free game? Seems rather.. idiotic.

Welcome to the Internet.
#32656stoogePosted 7/2/2013 10:20:53 AM
xChaos001 posted...

Why would you buy an online gaming service solely on the intent of receiving a free game? Seems rather.. idiotic.

Because up until now LIVE was a waste of money if you only planned to play online for a handful of hours a month. This games for gold offer looked like MS were trying to follow Sony's lead by offering a service that appealed to both the hardcore online player and the more casual one, because even if they didn't play online very much they'd still get their moneys worth from the bonus games each month.

I subscribed this month for the first time in ages for that reason (only paid a dollar though), I only play a few online matches a week, and it just wasn't worth the money before, but I figured it might be worth it if the free games were decent. Looks like they might not be, so I won't be renewing my subscription after this month.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#33Gillian SeedPosted 7/2/2013 11:26:23 AM
DWB1982 posted...
I feel the same way as OP and LOL at all the people who "knew" all along that AC2 and Halo3 weren't the game for this month...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/66426176?page=1

There were others who said the same, but once that runaway train got going they probably also said 'screw it, we'll all find out next month'.
#34NauticalDisastaPosted 7/2/2013 12:06:07 PM
Winternova posted...
DWB1982 posted...
I'd rather have PSN's "rental" games then the hot garbage MS is pumping out for free...

Defense Grid is infinitely better than some of the crap they've put on PSN+, like Sideways.

I don't even want to bother listing all the games PS+ offers because we've all seen the debate in a number of topics here, but do you honestly think Defense Grid is better than Battlefield 3 or Deus Ex. That just seems idiotic.
---
"Either it'll move me, or it'll move right though me. Fully. Completely." - Gordon Downie
360/Steam= NauticalDisasta
#35darkharePosted 7/2/2013 1:34:03 PM
656stooge posted...
xChaos001 posted...

Because up until now LIVE was a waste of money if you only planned to play online for a handful of hours a month. This games for gold offer looked like MS were trying to follow Sony's lead by offering a service that appealed to both the hardcore online player and the more casual one, because even if they didn't play online very much they'd still get their moneys worth from the bonus games each month.

I subscribed this month for the first time in ages for that reason (only paid a dollar though), I only play a few online matches a week, and it just wasn't worth the money before, but I figured it might be worth it if the free games were decent. Looks like they might not be, so I won't be renewing my subscription after this month.

im sure your $1 will be sorely missed, Ms might even go bankrupt because of it.

---
The future of Console Gaming, are the gamers. vote with your $!
#36WinternovaPosted 7/2/2013 1:51:22 PM
NauticalDisasta posted...
Winternova posted...
DWB1982 posted...
I'd rather have PSN's "rental" games then the hot garbage MS is pumping out for free...

Defense Grid is infinitely better than some of the crap they've put on PSN+, like Sideways.

I don't even want to bother listing all the games PS+ offers because we've all seen the debate in a number of topics here, but do you honestly think Defense Grid is better than Battlefield 3 or Deus Ex. That just seems idiotic.

I didn't even come close to saying that. I've gotten some surprising games through PSN+, including Saints Row 2 and The Third, Infamous 2, X-Com (which I own on the 360), Deus Ex (also one I own on the 360), Spec Ops, and others. But there have been some real duds too - Foosball 2012, Sideway, Renegade Ops, Quantum Conundrum, Bloodrayne Betrayal, etc. I was comparing Defense Grid to the duds, not the fantastic games that have been offered.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)