This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Divinity 2: DKS Question

#1seankimberley42Posted 7/2/2013 4:51:03 AM
So what's the difference between Eco Draconis and Dark Knight Saga? I have Eco and was wondering if I should get DKS from the sale going on. Thanks in advance.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#2joegt123Posted 7/2/2013 4:52:43 AM
Dks is an expansion pack that also fixes a lot of bugs and issues that ego draconis had.

It's still the same story, but... more.
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#3DieMyBridePosted 7/2/2013 4:54:33 AM
I can't really compare since I never played Ego Draconis, but it's improved on some of the visuals and performance. The major difference is, this comes with an expansion. For $5, I say it's worth it.
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
#4TheWaitingPosted 7/2/2013 5:03:47 AM
Def nab it. I never got to the expansion yet but I hear that makes the game even better. I enjoyed the first portion a lot.
---
GAMERTAG:SollessWarrior
#5ChipChippersonPosted 7/2/2013 5:12:20 AM(edited)
Pretty much what everyone said: the expansion, improved visuals, improved framerate, and the game is better balanced so it takes less XP to level up. In Ego Draconis it constantly felt like you were nothing but a punching bag, now your character can actually kick some ass.

I'm currently playing the retail version and it's a fun and lengthy game and really opens up with a bunch of stuff to do after the first area. It's definitely worth it.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#6vigorm0rtisPosted 7/2/2013 5:17:31 AM
... but they still didn't fix the dumbassed control map. Be ready to fire off a special ability when you leave the menu.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#7Max58201Posted 7/2/2013 5:20:32 AM
i could never get into it after the first tutorial area i got demolished trying to go to the tower tried 3 different builds and could never get passed all the skeletons to the tower we were supposed to go to
---
Official Occult Iaito of the Dark Souls board.
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#8VeliconisPosted 7/2/2013 5:22:49 AM
Only $5 for this? Done and done. Glad I didn't buy it before when it was like $30 or something.

Technically, this game is free since I just used the $5 Amazon gift card that I got from Bing to get the points for the game.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
http://i.imgur.com/UzTVQwG.jpg
#9seankimberley42(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 7:07:29 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
... but they still didn't fix the dumbassed control map. Be ready to fire off a special ability when you leave the menu.

Every. Single. Time. Although I guess it's at least partly my fault for mashing the B button every time.

Thanks guys, looks like I'll be picking it ip then. On a side note, I've recently picked up Hitman: Absolution, Divinity 2, The Witcher, Max Payne 3, Alan Wake and one other game I can't think of now literally a day before heavy sales were announced for them. Seems I having a spot of bad luck recently.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice