This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate these games on sale at the Ultimate Game Sale

#1KingKilvasPosted 7/2/2013 10:27:54 AM
I'm wondering whether it's worth it to get:

Max Payne 3
Perfect Dark Zero
Bulletstorm
Crysis
Far Cry Instincts Predator
Brother in Arms: Hell's Highway

I've never played a Max Payne game before. Do I need to if I get Max Payne 3 to understand the story?
---
Drink cactus juice! It'll quench ya! Nothin's quenchier! It's the quenchiest!
#2Corey105Posted 7/2/2013 10:34:35 AM
KingKilvas posted...
I'm wondering whether it's worth it to get:

Max Payne 3
Perfect Dark Zero
Bulletstorm
Crysis
Far Cry Instincts Predator
Brother in Arms: Hell's Highway

I've never played a Max Payne game before. Do I need to if I get Max Payne 3 to understand the story?

Max Payne 3
Bulletstorm
Crysis
Far Cry
Perfect Dark Zero
Brother in Arms.

Also, no. It doesn't follow the last plot except for

*A MINOR MAX PAYNE 2 SPOILER*

the fact that your daughter and wife were murdered and he's all mopey.
#3Dark_SpiretPosted 7/2/2013 10:35:14 AM
at those prices all of those games are worth it.

as far as what id rate them...
Max Payne 3 - 8/10
Perfect Dark Zero - 7/10
Bulletstorm - 7/10
Crysis - 8.5/10
Far Cry Instincts Predator - 6/10
Brother in Arms: Hell's Highway - 8/10

playing the previous mp's are not required.
---
Currently playing: Deadpool - Killing Floor - Alan Wake
#4656stoogePosted 7/2/2013 10:41:16 AM
All you need to know is the main premise of the first Max Payne. Max, a NYC cop, came home late one night after grabbing a few drinks with his friends after work, only to find his wife and newborn baby murdered. (not a spoiler as it's the first scene in the game)

Anyway, he gets revenge on everyone but he still can't get over his past and by MP3 he's an alcoholic addicted to painkillers. Basically he's just a sad figure, hounded by tragedy and looking for a chance to redeem himself.

Get this game. The gameplay is great, the story pretty decent, and the acting is some of the best you'll find in a game. It's full of content, the campaign is pretty long, and there's a lot of re-playability.

I also really enjoyed Bulletstorm. It's a big, dumb shooter, but it's a surprisingly funny parody of the genre, and it's nice and colourful, which is a change from the norm.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#5TheBeastWithinPosted 7/2/2013 1:21:01 PM
Max is the best followed by Crysis. The rest I'd say you can safely take a pass. Save the money for one of the other games going on sale this week.
---
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#6GamerguymassPosted 7/2/2013 1:29:17 PM
I wonder why they put Perfect Dark Zero on sale but not Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts. They both came out around the same time so I would think they would both go on sale. To bad though since if they had put N&B on sale for under five bucks then I would have bought it.
---
Now Playing: "The Hunt for the Two Missing Nintendo 64 Games"
So far this game sucks.
#7glassghost0Posted 7/2/2013 1:33:06 PM
Gamerguymass posted...
I wonder why they put Perfect Dark Zero on sale but not Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts. They both came out around the same time so I would think they would both go on sale. To bad though since if they had put N&B on sale for under five bucks then I would have bought it.

What kind of logic is that?

Perfect Dark Zero - 2005
Nuts and Bolts - 2008
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#8corex3dPosted 7/2/2013 2:17:45 PM
Perfect Dark Zero 8/10 fun game to play with friends 4 player splitscreen with bots

Far Cry Instincts Predator 9/10 one of my favorite 360 games really fun multiplayer (most likely dead by now) and the 2 campaigns are both really fun i liked this one much more than far cry 2 and a little more than 3
#9Hucast9Posted 7/2/2013 2:23:26 PM
Max Payne 3 - 7/10
Crysis - 7/10
#10HELZEROPosted 7/2/2013 5:19:48 PM
Max Payne 3 - 7/10
Perfect Dark Zero - 2/10
Bulletstorm - 6/10
Crysis - 9/10
Far Cry Instincts Predator - 9/10
Brother in Arms: Hell's Highway - 7/10