This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what on earth is up with stupid security checks

#1chrcolPosted 7/2/2013 2:48:59 PM
Please tell me with whats wrong with password protection and cookies caching login?

I cannot buy of marketplace website now.

It asks me for a code when I have already logged in.

The code didnt arrive at my email address.

I changed to sms number.

Now I cannot buy anything until the 1 august.

What a mess of a site.

"Help us protect your account

As you're trying to access sensitive info, you need to use a security code to verify your account. How would you like to receive your code?"

I have to do this rubbish every time.
#2Dragon NexusPosted 7/2/2013 4:54:54 PM
Yeah, how dare Microsoft try to make sure your account is secure!
I mean, WTF is that about? I don't care who accesses it as long as I can access it!
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#3chrcol(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2013 9:22:09 AM
except it was already secure.

you mean make it excessively secure to the point its inhibitive.

I rang up microsoft and they did some tests.

When they sent verifications emails or sms there was a 20min delay. By the time they arrived they expired, so now they disabled the check on my account.
#4WinternovaPosted 7/3/2013 9:25:02 AM
I can only hope someone hijacks your account because you had Microsoft disable the security cheeks...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#5dj___rollPosted 7/3/2013 10:43:37 AM
Quote:I can only hope someone hijacks your account because you had Microsoft disable the security cheeks...
@Winternova
You mean te checks that were keeping him from accessing his account to begin with? That sounds like a douchey thing to wish for.

They locked me out for over a week for no reason. When I finally got it resolved, they said they couldn't tell me why I was locked out as it was proprietary information. This is all after they didn't call me back like they said. And after I filed a complaint with the BBB.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#6JunpeicloverPosted 7/3/2013 11:57:55 AM(edited)
lol are people really defending these excessive checks???

TC said that they are just being redundant with the access code procedure (which they ARE especially when you are on the SAME computer you JUST entered the code in)

I'm all for security but they do a little too much, and being locked out is dumb, but you can get that fixed by calling

also don't know why anybody would wish another person's account was hacked... smfh at 4th poster
#7NeoGeoXSegaPosted 7/3/2013 12:42:39 PM
Winternova posted...
I can only hope someone hijacks your account because you had Microsoft disable the security cheeks...

The biggest secutity hacks over the years have been hackers stealing info & databases from companies themselves, not from people's accounts.

M$ is scum for forcing people into this crap to just play their own games.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#8djwagonPosted 7/3/2013 12:48:05 PM
NeoGeoXSega posted...
Winternova posted...

The biggest secutity hacks over the years have been hackers stealing info & databases from companies themselves, not from people's accounts.

M$ is scum for forcing people into this crap to just play their own games.
they forced this on to us because some people used the same password and e-mail address for ea and live .so that is why we had the so-called ea hack two years ago .plus mircosoft did this because they where getting sick of repaying people for their fault NOT ms
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..