This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who still plays dark souls?

#1S4vage164Posted 7/2/2013 8:20:36 PM
I have been playing dark souls since it launched and I was wondering how many still play it and why like what do you still love about the game that still keeps you playing it?
#2gudamanPosted 7/2/2013 8:35:13 PM
I bought it back when it went on sale so I'm no vet but I think most people that still play tend to do pvp and fashion soul's build runs.

I'm still trying to beat playthrough number 1but have found some enjoyment out of the pvp.
---
gt: gudaman / PSN: OvaryPuncher9000
I'm open to pretty much any game you wanna play as long as I own it.
#3DyingPancakePosted 7/2/2013 8:35:32 PM
I started it two months ago and am still trying to beat it. The game is long as f

I'm really enjoying it but there are problems I hope are addressed in the sequel (which I will probably buy on release)
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#4S4vage164(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 8:59:38 PM
I was in the demon ruins but I started over yesterday because I didnt like my build i wanted to build a melee/sorcerer/pyromancer hybrid build and he's forming our to be a killer. I like being invaded as well it keeps me on edge.
#5mcquizxPosted 7/2/2013 9:03:45 PM
I bought it on sale and in MY opinion I'd rather play champions of norath.

I've only played like 2 hrs in so this could be why, I'm not a hater!
---
#6psycho42069Posted 7/2/2013 9:10:21 PM
mcquizx posted...
I bought it on sale and in MY opinion I'd rather play champions of norath.

I've only played like 2 hrs in so this could be why, I'm not a hater!

Yeah, you should at least play it through the first couple of bosses. It's a long game and your first two hours may as well be taking the game out of the case. I started it about 2 weeks ago, I'm still on my first playthrough at about 60 hours and I'm probably 3/4 of the way done. Great game.
---
GT: psycho42069
Disclaimer: Everything posted by this account is pure fiction, and the ramblings of a maniac. NORF!!!
#7RPGNinja123Posted 7/2/2013 10:09:21 PM
DyingPancake posted...
I started it two months ago and am still trying to beat it. The game is long as f

I'm really enjoying it but there are problems I hope are addressed in the sequel (which I will probably buy on release)

Long? You can beat the game easily under two hours once you know what you are doing.

There are games much longer than that even after you "master" it.

No its not long.
---
[A Gamefaqs moderator was deleted by this message]
3DS FC- 0232-8140-1787(send PM if u add) RPGs are the best genre.
#8LiqiudusSnakePosted 7/2/2013 11:38:43 PM(edited)
DyingPancake posted...

Long? You can beat the game easily under two hours once you know what you are doing.

There are games much longer than that even after you "master" it.

No its not long.

yeah right. Don't listen to this guy folks. Around 1hr 40min is the best time or something like that. A normal speedrun would probably be around 5hr if your good. Atleast if you do all the bosses. Around 10-15 if your going quickly through it and have played it before. First run is easily more than that.
---
This Signature can only be viewed by a Gamefaqs Gold member, upgrade to Gold to view this Signature.
#9nickoman33Posted 7/3/2013 4:26:40 AM
My first run took me around 50 hours, but I did quite a bit of farming for souls and farmed alot of titanite crap, but I also missed a large amount of content (painted world, great hollow, the dlc, etc).

I actually finished it for the first time a few days ago, and I started a new character instead of going NG+. I'm planning on doing a third character once I'm done with my second. Probably gonna main hammers on my third and do some Monster Hunter role play. It's been a long time since I beat something over the head with a hammer.

Not really sure about the PvP though. I've seen vids and it's nothing but lagstabs. I might give pvp another go later on, but for now i'll just stick to co-oping and helping other players out. Sunbro Covenant Master Race.
#10NazanirPosted 7/3/2013 5:27:48 AM
I still do, and so do alot of others. I've been playing for about half a year and I just keep playing and coming back to this game. It's just fun to start off with a concept and get completely sidetracked. For example, a couple of days ago I started with a new Pyromancer, wanted to do a low level run, see how far I could get, but then the very first Titanite Demon in the game dropped a Catch Pole, so I leveled myself just far enough up to be able to use it. Been having a blast with it.

But mostly the coop and PVP is what keeps the game so fun and interesting. I'll try to leave my summon sign around as much as possible to help people out. I'm not that big on invading, but it can be fun to get invaded.
---
XboX GT - Nazanir