This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who still plays dark souls?

#11darkdragongirlPosted 7/3/2013 5:34:34 AM
Bought it on PC when it was on sale a month or two ago.
I still haven't beaten the main game. Exploring the DLC still.
---
http://imgur.com/JGA4ofp.gif
"Between [Men's Room Mayhem] and Superfrog HHHHHHDDDDD, the Vita will be the best handheld of all time!!!!" --- mike_411
#12GGearXPosted 7/3/2013 5:41:39 AM
nickoman33 posted...
My first run took me around 50 hours, but I did quite a bit of farming for souls and farmed alot of titanite crap, but I also missed a large amount of content (painted world, great hollow, the dlc, etc).

Wow, It took me 60+ hours.

And now I have 150+ hours on 2 of my profiles.
---
Gt-KryDamoure (Cryoflove)
..........I-I'm a very shyyy guy, I-I'm sorry ....... *blushes *
#13DyingPancakePosted 7/3/2013 5:46:22 AM(edited)
RPGNinja123 posted...
DyingPancake posted...
I started it two months ago and am still trying to beat it. The game is long as f

I'm really enjoying it but there are problems I hope are addressed in the sequel (which I will probably buy on release)

Long? You can beat the game easily under two hours once you know what you are doing.

There are games much longer than that even after you "master" it.

No its not long.

First time players are supposed to know what they're doing?

Virtually any game can be beaten in a short amount of time once you "master" it.

This game is long for a first time player, and its dumb to say otherwise
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#14JJroootPosted 7/3/2013 6:23:37 AM
I remember when i first started... i thought the first part of the game was the Skeletons with the big swords.

You could imagine how frustrated i was trying to kill those things at such a low level.

I did manage to kill one of the giants skeletons with the giant swords :)

Then i realized the are was ment for much higher levels, and found the stairs to the east XD

Such a great game.
---
If alcohol is a crutch, Jack Daniels is a wheelchair
Xbox Live GT: Saynt614
#15S4vage164(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2013 7:23:34 PM
That graveyard was where i died for the first time when I started lol
#16Walkman_005Posted 7/3/2013 8:34:55 PM
LiqiudusSnake posted...
DyingPancake posted...
I started it two months ago and am still trying to beat it. The game is long as f

I'm really enjoying it but there are problems I hope are addressed in the sequel (which I will probably buy on release)

Long? You can beat the game easily under two hours once you know what you are doing.

No its not long.

yeah right. Don't listen to this guy folks. Around 1hr 40min is the best time or something like that. A normal speedrun would probably be around 5hr if your good. Atleast if you do all the bosses. Around 10-15 if your going quickly through it and have played it before. First run is easily more than that.

The fastest time is actually about 30 mins. Its up on youtube.

But yeah, not possible for a first run over course but it does show how short the game can be.
#17master_gamr1231Posted 7/3/2013 8:41:38 PM
S4vage164 posted...

I died like 4 times in the asylum. One of the times was when I was on that balcony staring down and the demon jumped up and smashed it so I fell.
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!
#18S4vage164(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2013 10:39:46 PM
master_gamr1231 posted...
S4vage164 posted...

I died like 4 times in the asylum. One of the times was when I was on that balcony staring down and the demon jumped up and smashed it so I fell.

I linked his ass with a downward stab off of that balcony. It was awsome!
#19ZenxinPosted 7/3/2013 11:28:48 PM
LiqiudusSnake posted...
DyingPancake posted...

No its not long.

yeah right. Don't listen to this guy folks. Around 1hr 40min is the best time or something like that. A normal speedrun would probably be around 5hr if your good. Atleast if you do all the bosses. Around 10-15 if your going quickly through it and have played it before. First run is easily more than that.

actually the fastest time is 54 minutes for any% and 1:36 or so for all bosses
---
Sig.