This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

wow i have never been so mad With a company like i am with MS tonight

#21JanayBerryPosted 7/5/2013 8:55:16 PM
A guy named Dustin (who's Manager is Brian), who works in the Billing Department, worked with me all day this past Wednesday (7/3/13) to get my account restored.

He even kept calling me back just to see if I was able to recover my tag, get online, add a payment option, etc.

So, I WILL say, for those who yell about how bad their Customer Service is, I believe once you connect with the right person, everything will be ok.

I wanted to send some feedback, but unfortunately, he wasn't allowed to give me his or his Manager's last name.
---
Xbox 360: KKA OMEGA Jim
#22RenamonPosted 7/5/2013 9:21:01 PM
JanayBerry posted...
A guy named Dustin (who's Manager is Brian), who works in the Billing Department, worked with me all day this past Wednesday (7/3/13) to get my account restored.

He even kept calling me back just to see if I was able to recover my tag, get online, add a payment option, etc.

So, I WILL say, for those who yell about how bad their Customer Service is, I believe once you connect with the right person, everything will be ok.

I wanted to send some feedback, but unfortunately, he wasn't allowed to give me his or his Manager's last name.

Was the issue resolved, whatever it was?

But this shouldn't have to happen. You shouldn't have to keep calling a company several times, in hopes of getting someone who's nice and takes the time to fix your issue. I understand that personalities may clash sometimes (I don't have the most friendliest personality, and sometimes when talking to customers, that personality clashes with the customer's and things blow up in my face, but that doesn't mean I'm not trying my best to solve your issue), but I also know that there are some people that are just clueless and have no idea what they are doing and really don't deserve a job in customer service. One of those people sits right behind me, constantly pulling things out of her ass as to how cable tv and internet service works. I just want to turn around sometimes and slap her. Companies should invest in the good employees and fire the bad ones. I don't care if your personality is the friendliest of anyone on the entire planet, if you can't fix an issue you shouldn't have a job in customer service.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#23JanayBerryPosted 7/5/2013 11:51:19 PM
@Renamon:

Yes, it was resolved. Here's what the situation was:

I took part in that special thing Best Buy had earlier this year where you can get a 250Gb Xbox 360 Slim for $99 if you agree to pay $14.99 a month for Live Gold membership for two years.

The debit card I had on file was to expire in June. I got my new card in May. I attached to my account, and made it primary. I couldn't delete the "old" card due to "pending charges", so I just left it alone, figuring they'll eventually take it from the new card when they can't from the old card.

In the middle of May, I couldn't get online. It was suggested that I recover my tag. Upon doing that, I lost the tag, as it wouldn't recover. Checking xbox.com, I was suspended due to non-payment. It was also at this time that I was in the process of moving and working 16-hour shifts.

Called Microsoft, and ended up with Dustin, who had to dig into the account because the Best Buy sale has long since expired and not appearing. After the few callbacks from him, he advised that I add a different payment option.

It wouldn't let me, so I gave him info to my second card. As soon as he confirmed, he said $44.97 was due before the account can be reactivated. When I gave the ok, he said he'll reset the subscription so it'll knock 66% off, basically "starting over" the Best Buy thing and I was only charged $14.99.

However, he also ended up refunding me the $14.99 because the system was going to auto-charge another $14.99 on 7/5/13, and he said he personally felt that wasn't right.

After he did what he did, my next payment is 8/5/13. It's the 5th of every month because that's when I participated.

So now, I m happy. Got my gamerscore back, my friends, my 200+ digital gzmes, everything.
---
Xbox 360: KKA OMEGA Jim
#24ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 7/6/2013 8:42:48 AM
I hear ya TC. Both my brother and friend cant get into their accounts because of the security proofs crap that requires them to remember passwords for accounts they stopped using 5 years ago. I also cant even use the stupid youtube app. cant wait for the ps4
---
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#25RenamonPosted 7/6/2013 10:08:45 AM
ACHEEKSMALLOY posted...
I hear ya TC. Both my brother and friend cant get into their accounts because of the security proofs crap that requires them to remember passwords for accounts they stopped using 5 years ago. I also cant even use the stupid youtube app. cant wait for the ps4

That's not MS's fault, that's the person's for not remembering what info they used or not keeping their info up to date.

Hey let's call up the cable company and start service, and give them all the info they need to start a new account, then 5 years later run into a billing problem, and when they ask who you are to verify the account, be unable to verify the account because you don't know who's name it's under, the SSN, account number, or any other info that can be used to verify the acct, so the billing problem can't be fixed. Sure, there may be something going on on the company's end, but if you can't verify who you are the issue won't be fixed. Take responsibility for your own actions (or lack of action) instead of just wanting to shift the blame on other people. It's your responsibility to know your info and keep it up to date.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#26XT3M3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 10:40:03 AM
so they said within today ima get a call from the escalation team
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
Teams/Division standings|Nets: OFF |Yankees 27-16 1st place|Giants OFF|Islanders: OFF
#27XT3M3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 10:21:22 PM
26 hours later no call from the Escalation unit which i was promised. time for one last chat before i get the BBB in this.

when i contact the BBB how would i go about doing this. cause i feel like MS is playing me off like a fool.

no one can tell me why my account is the way it is, but we can drag our asses to fix it. im sick of this now. i shouldnt have to call up MS over and over again to see an improvement in my issuse <_<
---
Teams/Division standings|Nets: OFF |Yankees 27-16 1st place|Giants OFF|Islanders: OFF
#28XT3M3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 11:17:58 PM
So now they are deff. promising me my BL2 game for 800 MS points as promised during the sale. and that by the 8th my problem should be solved.

i told them if its not fixed by the 8th the BBB is getting involved. cause im honestly sick of the run around.

now the waiting game begins.

they claimed that a person up there has seen my problem but i guess he is just dragging his ass about it.
---
#29fiasco86Posted 7/6/2013 11:34:35 PM
I also hate Xbox customer support. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
---
Top 100 Games of All Time video countdown: http://goo.gl/onR6Q
#30dj___rollPosted 7/6/2013 11:40:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]