This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You guys more pepped for Saints Row 4 or GTA5?

#41videogameking33Posted 7/3/2013 11:11:59 PM
Both really as I'm huge fan of both series, if I had to pick I say GTA V.
---
Currently Playing: Rise of the Guardians (360), Last of Us (PS3), AC: NL (3DS)
Diehard Buffalo Bills & Sabres Fan!!...XBL GamerTag & PSN: buffalo29
#42PHOENIXZEROPosted 7/4/2013 12:36:12 AM
My first Saints Row games was The Third, played it on PC. Then played SRII on PS3 and just got the platinum on the PS3 version of it thanks to PS+, certainly wouldn't have bought it. Whenever I get to playing it and I probably will, I'll do so on PC but not until the price of it goes down. Even with the amount of time that passed it was a bit jarring to play it again, mainly the lower frame rate.

GTA V I've been waiting for since I played IV and the expansions and is still the only other game (bought SimCity on release like an idiot) I plan on buying for the rest of the year. My backlog is just way too big for anything more and by the time I clear it out, whenever that is it'll be cheap, hell the next gen consoles might have a price cut by that point. >_<
---
Band/Artist I've been listening to way too much: Fallon Bowman/Amphibious Assault.
https://soundcloud.com/fallonbowman
#43RetroFanGirlPosted 7/4/2013 1:21:55 AM
Saints Row. Already have GTA 1-4 and 4 was a step back. 5's going to have to be really amazing to win me back.
---
Warning: My opinions are mod-able.
#44DRzCalderonPosted 7/4/2013 1:28:06 AM
I just really don't understand those who say they won't play GTA 5 because of how GTA 4, which was released 5 YEARS ago, was at it's time.

Have any of you played Red Dead Redemption? Because that game played like GTA but with an amazingly improved physics and animation engine with TONS of content compared to GTA 4.

And if the answer is no, you don't deserve to play GTA 5.......Ever.
---
It's very strange when the life you never had flashes before your eyes. -Mental Imagery.
#45TenzhiPosted 7/4/2013 1:43:30 AM
I enjoyed Red Dead Redemption because Old West.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#46alexismynamexxPosted 7/4/2013 2:14:46 AM
Saints row tries to be fun by forcing players into stupid scenarios in a ludicrous world lacking any depth. GTA has a sense of authenticity with comedic elements, but gives you so much freedom and depth that you can play it multiple ways, then the authenticity and depth gives your actions even more weight.

GTA5
#47singhellotakuPosted 7/4/2013 5:18:08 AM
Well I know sr4 will be a mountain of stupid, stupid fun, and GTAV will probably be but could be irritating and up its own *** so I'm more intrigued by GTAV.
#48RKO_ON_RAWPosted 7/4/2013 6:22:19 AM
Vlayer posted...
I really like the Saints Row series, I even enjoyed SR3 a lot.

But this is GTA we're talking about, and GTA IV gave me countless hours of enjoyment both in SP and MP. It also helps that it's been 5 years since the latest main installment, and GTA V has much more work and money put into it.

So, obviously it's GTA V. It's my most anticipated game out of every game announced for this and next year.

This.

First thing I'm going to do is try to find that song on the radio station that goes, "keepin it G ain't nuthin, you ain't gotta like it cause the hood gone love it."

Then just drive around with that playing on the radio. Hopefully you can still do that trick which changes the song to the next one in the sequence.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/64275451 - Skyrim Level 81 Guide
#49Pizza_DelivererPosted 7/4/2013 6:25:23 AM
Saints Row
---
Look Ma, no sig!!
#50moogie101Posted 7/4/2013 6:32:02 AM
Its not even close for me.

SR4 looks like the SR3 DLC it was originally going to be. No way I'm paying full retail price for that. No doubt I'll pick it up cheap in the 2014 sales, I'm sure it wil be fun but not worth full price imho.

GTA5 though looks a step up & I'm expecting big things from this game. Just like San andreas got everything it could out of the PS2 towards the end of its gen I'm expecting Rockstar to do the same with the 360.