This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

multiplayer shooters are the most fun at release

#1lostoutlawnbPosted 7/3/2013 6:56:45 PM
Everyone is excited to play and raging less. Players are equally experienced and learning the nooks and cranny's of the maps and don't know all the exploits and OP weapons and gear. Anyone else agree.
#2lostoutlawnb(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2013 7:33:42 PM
bump
#3SenorPapinoPosted 7/3/2013 7:46:20 PM
Any recommendations for good FPSs that a casual gamer can pick up? I don't have time to play much any more but I'd like some where it isn't all hardcore players. I tried to get back into MW2 but its been too long and its only level 70x10 prestige that seems to be left. I also tried to get back into counter strike on PC and that was a really &^%$(#* terrible idea.

And yes, definitely agree.
#4zerooo0Posted 7/3/2013 7:48:11 PM
Disagree, I still have as much fun playing BF3 now as I did when it released back in 2011. Same with Halo 4 when it released.
---
Starwars Battlefront PS4/X1 console boards are up. COME LETS DISCUSS NEXT GEN BATTLEFRONT ON FROSTBITE 3
#5ElusiveOneXPosted 7/3/2013 7:54:48 PM
I jumped into CoD4 pretty late and I had no troubles getting good. I mean, right out of the gate I had access to the M16 and MP5, what else do you need?
#6NevercomingdownPosted 7/3/2013 8:17:46 PM
I agree lost. It's a lot more fun as everyone is on equal footing. These games are still fun later, but its not the same.
---
GT: Elesp || PSN: DestroyTheEnd
#7GrandTh3ftAutoPosted 7/3/2013 9:40:05 PM
ElusiveOneX posted...
I jumped into CoD4 pretty late and I had no troubles getting good. I mean, right out of the gate I had access to the M16 and MP5, what else do you need?

Good luck with that now, I haven't played in over a year but it's a total mod fest, same goes for WaW and MW2.
---
Gamertag: Doctor Dayman
PSN: Doctor-Dayman
#8IWUPosted 7/3/2013 10:13:19 PM(edited)
SenorPapino posted...
Any recommendations for good FPSs that a casual gamer can pick up? I don't have time to play much any more but I'd like some where it isn't all hardcore players. I tried to get back into MW2 but its been too long and its only level 70x10 prestige that seems to be left. I also tried to get back into counter strike on PC and that was a really &^%$(#* terrible idea.

A lot of people disagree with me but I found the multi aspect of Far Cry 3 to be very fun. There is no prestiging or any of that crap. You just level up until they cap you at 75 and you have all the weapons unlocked. Yes, it's very barebones, and the community is small when compared to the massive populations that games like COD, and halo enjoy. But it's very accessible for someone who's not a hardcore FPSer and there are still enough people playing so that you won't have trouble finding a good lobby. Like I said, I know a lot of people just s*** all over FC's multi but I had a blast leveling up to 75 and it's no where near as horrendous as Tomb Raiders multi aspect. Talk about abysmal...
---
Irregardless, for all intensive purposes I could care less if you take me for granite. If given free reign, I'll continue to tow the line so it's a mute point.
#9NickDrakePosted 7/3/2013 10:40:47 PM
IWU posted...
SenorPapino posted...

A lot of people disagree with me but I found the multi aspect of Far Cry 3 to be very fun. There is no prestiging or any of that crap. You just level up until they cap you at 75 and you have all the weapons unlocked. Yes, it's very barebones, and the community is small when compared to the massive populations that games like COD, and halo enjoy. But it's very accessible for someone who's not a hardcore FPSer and there are still enough people playing so that you won't have trouble finding a good lobby. Like I said, I know a lot of people just s*** all over FC's multi but I had a blast leveling up to 75 and it's no where near as horrendous as Tomb Raiders multi aspect. Talk about abysmal...

You have piqued my interest.
---
Take a look at the Lawman beating up the wrong guy
Oh, man! Wonder if he'll ever know...
#10SunDevil77Posted 7/3/2013 10:45:22 PM
That goes for any online genre, really. The first week is the time that the game is just pure fun and full of wonder.

Later on when there are established tactics, the game becomes more intense, which is a completely different type of fun. Not bad, just different
---
Look. I'm not a very good shot, but this American, here....uses really big bullets.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539