This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm away from my Xbox....question about buying games on Xbox.com

#1KingKilvasPosted 7/3/2013 7:01:56 PM
So yesterday I bought Far Cry 3 online and it went fine. I bought the game when my Xbox was off on my computer, then turned it on and I saw it appear on my Active Downloads and was downloading.

But I'm not in my house right now and can't access the Xbox directly. If I were to buy a game today online would it download to my Xbox if it wasn't turned on? Does it need to be turned on before anything can download?

What if I were to buy two games online-would they both download?

I've never bought an entire game online since I never needed to buy any Games on Demand so sorry about seeming so clueless.
---
Drink cactus juice! It'll quench ya! Nothin's quenchier! It's the quenchiest!
#2sauruschamp1Posted 7/3/2013 7:03:49 PM
I believe they will be qued up to download but wont start till you turn it on once. There is a setting to let it download games while turned off but I think you still need to turn it on once to start the downloads (could be wrong).
---
Xbox GT: Zarosian SteamID: Zarosio
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde
#3TheRobPosted 7/3/2013 7:05:16 PM
The games can't start downloading without first turning on the XBox.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#4VasDeferensPosted 7/3/2013 7:08:08 PM
Do they download in the background ? Say, I start watching Netflix while a download is going on, will the download continue ?
#5TheRobPosted 7/3/2013 7:11:26 PM
VasDeferens posted...
Do they download in the background ? Say, I start watching Netflix while a download is going on, will the download continue ?

They do, but depending on what you're doing or playing they may not. Usually games or apps that require a steady internet connection will cause your downloads to pause until you cease using them.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#6Mellerker38Posted 7/3/2013 7:37:43 PM
Best to download from your console and turn off PC or any other stuff that is is internet related.It's takes 6 hours to download a certain game(Full)
#7Uzair_ChiefPosted 7/5/2013 8:17:31 AM
Mellerker38 posted...
Best to download from your console and turn off PC or any other stuff that is is internet related.It's takes 6 hours to download a certain game(Full)

You guy's have slow internet download speed. I can download a 5gb game in 10-15 mins.
#8JunpeicloverPosted 7/5/2013 8:26:40 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9daverraver7Posted 7/5/2013 8:30:26 AM
As long as your xbox is downloading in low power mode then you can add items to the current download queue and will remain downloading everything in your queue. I sometimes download a game then go to work and add things to the queue later even though the xbox is in low power mode
---
gamertag:shadowmouse09
#10kingwutuguPosted 7/5/2013 1:23:08 PM
VasDeferens posted...

only playing online games with no servers or single player games, they use to download while using apps and watching dvds but not any more.
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win