This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox 360 E

#11mohicanbluePosted 7/5/2013 10:42:05 AM
I traded my slim in last wk at gamestop here in west tx area . To my surprise i got a new 360e. So this what i can tell you. ITS much quieter seems to load fast has round connection plugs in back comes with smaller power block has smaller power button in front outer casing is smaller half glossy black half matted black finish the fan area is bigger. it has no optic port and less usb ports in back. so far it works better than slim. oh it has old controllers still.
#12JanayBerryPosted 7/5/2013 11:56:36 AM(edited)
mohicanblue posted...
I traded my slim in last wk at gamestop here in west tx area . To my surprise i got a new 360e. So this what i can tell you. ITS much quieter seems to load fast has round connection plugs in back comes with smaller power block has smaller power button in front outer casing is smaller half glossy black half matted black finish the fan area is bigger. it has no optic port and less usb ports in back. so far it works better than slim. oh it has old controllers still.

Does it "feel" like a completely new system? Does it give you ANY doubt?

I was able to get my gamertag back, so I am getting a new system next week Wednesday.

*EDIT*
- How much hard drive space it come with?
- Is the hard drive the same as the S models?
-

---
Xbox 360: KKA OMEGA Jim
#13TheBlueStigPosted 7/5/2013 12:02:19 PM
JanayBerry posted...
mohicanblue posted...

Does it "feel" like a completely new system? Does it give you ANY doubt?

I was able to get my gamertag back, so I am getting a new system next week Wednesday.

*EDIT*
- How much hard drive space it come with?
- Is the hard drive the same as the S models?
-

Just get a damn slim, you'll find them on sale where you won't find the E on sale.

If you already have a working 360 there's no need to get the E with all the features removed from it.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#14mike468Posted 7/5/2013 10:59:58 PM
kingbahamut83 posted...
I agree the E model looks ridiculous. I didn't read much about it when they announced it so I didn't know they took stuff out...did they drop the price to match less features? Have a feeling they didn't. I'll stick with my slim.

No they didn't. Its the same price as the existing Slim S model.

As for the TC, The new Slim E model is worst than the existing slim S model. They removed one of the USB ports, removed the optical out port, removed the touch sensitive power and eject buttons (now they're just normal buttons) and changed all the connector ports (AV cable and power cable) so none of the existing cables work on it.

Anyone that is planning on upgrading their system from the old fat launch 360 to the slim model, should do it now and grab a Slim S model while they can.
---
gamertag: Kabal31082
#15mohicanbluePosted 7/6/2013 9:26:38 AM
It has 4 g .You can use old slim model harddrive thats what I did. I kept my 320 g harddrive and just bought the 4g system . It works great and I spend hours on it at a time without turning it off. I read some where the EPA made microsoft cut the power useage down.So it made 360e I think the article said it may have made the motherboard more compact or smaller too. I don t mind its looks its just black without the silver trim and all. Um it has more options in its privaticy questions i think. I have a hdmi cable hookup. I Traded my old one in it was getting hot even with extra fan for the top. oh by the way u can t use the extra fan the new systems vents are different.
#16TheBlueStigPosted 7/6/2013 9:35:23 AM
mohicanblue posted...
It has 4 g .You can use old slim model harddrive thats what I did. I kept my 320 g harddrive and just bought the 4g system . It works great and I spend hours on it at a time without turning it off. I read some where the EPA made microsoft cut the power useage down.So it made 360e I think the article said it may have made the motherboard more compact or smaller too. I don t mind its looks its just black without the silver trim and all. Um it has more options in its privaticy questions i think. I have a hdmi cable hookup. I Traded my old one in it was getting hot even with extra fan for the top. oh by the way u can t use the extra fan the new systems vents are different.

You could have fixed the heat in the old system just by cleaning out the dust, and there's a ton of things that don't work with the new system, like every existing alternate video cord on the market, and every single audio device that uses a toslink cable.

I swear people are getting lazier and lazier, buying a whole new INFERIOR system just to avoid cleaning the old one out...
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#17mohicanbluePosted 7/6/2013 9:42:20 AM
I really thought the touch sensitive button was annoying. My cat jumps up to the window in front of my old xb slim and the sensor would open the drive messing up my game playing. lol it was 199. at gamestop used my powerup points, and trade in price and paid something like 60 bucks only.
#18mohicanbluePosted 7/6/2013 9:58:27 AM
I did clean it out. west tx dust is an everyday thing here. but when it heats up a 10x13 room. worse than outside and freezes up with an external fan. I opted to trade it in. So I thought Id try the new one. I suppose it will come out later with other stuff to buy for it who knows with China around.
#19Jpsyence77Posted 7/6/2013 10:10:53 AM
mohicanblue posted...
I really thought the touch sensitive button was annoying. My cat jumps up to the window in front of my old xb slim and the sensor would open the drive messing up my game playing. lol it was 199. at gamestop used my powerup points, and trade in price and paid something like 60 bucks only.

I think your cat is simply trying to stop you from progressing further than him/her, and spoiling the ending. :P
---
http://tinyurl.com/bogex7n
http://tinyurl.com/ydx2msz
#20DerekRossPosted 7/6/2013 10:40:59 AM
No reason to get an E. The current slim does more and includes 2 good games.