This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do pro wrestling games never get it right?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Why do pro wrestling games never get it right?
2 years ago#1
Is it just that pro wrestling is too complex to properly convey in a video game or something?
---
Every post I make is with integrity and sincerity. I'm pretty sure you're the troll, not me.
2 years ago#2
Solid Sonic posted...
Is it just that pro wrestling is too complex to properly convey in a video game or something?

Well what's the reason it's so hard to pull off in real life?
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
2 years ago#3
? WWE 13 is pretty fun. Day of Reckoning 2 on the GC was blast.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
2 years ago#4
Solid Sonic posted...

imo wrestling games are the one genre that should never try to be realistic, its much more fun to play when they don't take themselves seriously.

---
The future of Console Gaming, are the gamers. vote with your $!
2 years ago#5
While I'm considering getting WWE13, I agree with you. Year after year they screw things up. I remember that year where Christian's attire only had elbow pads and no wristbands.

To fans, this kind of stuff matters.

The commentary is also garbage and the commentators don't show any enthusiasm whatsoever. They should just use commentary from the numerous episodes of RAW/Smackdown/PPVs etc.

Every year either they'll be missing a move or a match type or some classic members of the roster.

Hopefully WWE 2K14 takes a step in the positive direction. It's essentially been the same game for years now. I do see that WWE 13 has brought some stuff back like the special referee match.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/64275451 - Skyrim Level 81 Guide
2 years ago#6
Try Fire Pro Wrestling Returns on the PS2 if you want wrestling done right. Or, if you want a "not-so-serious" wrestling game that's a ton of fun, go WWE All-Stars.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
2 years ago#7
I imagine because it's because wrestling is in a weird middle ground where there's a variety of perceptions even among fans as to what wrestling even is.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
2 years ago#8
Solid Sonic posted...

Japanese wrestling games get it right, Americanized games are deliberately dumbed down to be slower and more boring to play than the "sports entertainment" is to watch.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
2 years ago#9
It's because they try to make them look pretty and it in turn makes the game suffer. Sure they look pretty good but they feel sluggish. Not to mention THQ has owned the license for years, no real competition for WWE outside of TNA and the last TNA game tanked.

So you have the same game year after year after year with only minimal updates. I'm hopeful 2k can get it right, atleast 2k does tend to change up their sports games once in a while.
2 years ago#10
glassghost0 posted...
Solid Sonic posted...

Well what's the reason it's so hard to pull off in real life?

I suggest you watch more of Chris Jericho and Cm Punk then.
---
LIGHT UP THE NIGHT!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Why do pro wrestling games never get it right?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived