This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do pro wrestling games never get it right?

#51aDominationPosted 7/6/2013 12:10:49 PM
They got it right ...Wrestlemania 2000
---
Achievement Unlocked
Avatar of Sithis 150(G)Chosen to bring death to Tamriel.
#52TheBlueStigPosted 7/6/2013 12:20:04 PM
brolynick posted...
At this point I don't know if you're trolling or you don't know what good wrestling is. You just said that Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania XIX, to many a 5 star match, was inferior to such great technical masterpieces as The Undertaker vs Big Show & A-Train and Hulk Hogan vs Vince McMahon?

Go back and watch the match again, you'll see half a dozen unforgivable mistakes including the drunk clothesline misses, as well as both morons unable to keep a straight face the entire time, you could see them laughing at eachother. That match was a PATHETIC JOKE compared to ALL of the other matches that day.

The fact that anybody considers that a "5 star match" only proves that they've never watched a single Japanese or Mexican match in their entire lives.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#53Ginsu VictimPosted 7/6/2013 12:31:09 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
The fact that anybody considers that a "5 star match" only proves that they've never watched a single Japanese or Mexican match in their entire lives.

The majority has no clue, so to many, it could be the best they've seen. Especially when they haven't seen stuff like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqftofXcukE
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#54TheBlueStigPosted 7/6/2013 12:55:46 PM
Ginsu Victim posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

The majority has no clue, so to many, it could be the best they've seen. Especially when they haven't seen stuff like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqftofXcukE

I don't have my notes on the game where I can find them right now, but I think that's one of the exact matches that you have to recreate and do move for move in Giant Gram 2000 in the History mode.

That was pure Japanese wrestling before dumbass soap opera storylines, everything in the match was about the physical performace and because of that, the wrestling itself was FAR better than American wrestling.

You can hear Giant Baba as one of the announcers of that match.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin