This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

*Serious Topic* Being July 4th, what do you think of today's "today only" sale?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. *Serious Topic* Being July 4th, what do you think of today's "today only" sale?

User Info: Everbornn1972

Everbornn1972
3 years ago#1
L4D2 $9.99
Witcher 2 $9.99
Forza Horizon $14.99
The Orange Box $4.99
Crysis 3 $19.99

Being this is M$ we're talkin about here on July 4th, do you think the prices couldve been better? Which games if different games?

Me personally I feel if you dont have The Orange Box by now BUY IT NOW. Seriously. I have L4D2 and while I DO love the game, online is just... well those that know, know and would make this post longer than it should be lol. At $7.99 I think it would be appeal better. Witcher 2 if there was a Demo out, who knows? The utube vids out there still has me iffy on this game. Crysis 3 3 if I had the spare 20 I wouldve gotten it, as Im a fan of the series and have digital copies of 1&2. Forza stuck out at me the most, and Im actually thinking of getting it(should I?). Mass Effect 2 and/or Persona 4 Arena wouldve been nice to see today :(
The time WAS now...

User Info: TBD2009

TBD2009
3 years ago#2
Heck, I already have a retail copy of The Orange Box (it was the whole reason I got my first Xbox 360, just for Portal!), and I just bought a digital copy of it (400MSP is worth it, not to have to change out discs for me).

As for the other sales... I don't know... none of the other games really scream: "I'm worth buying, even at 75% off!". I grabbed Perfect Dark Zero, but only because I thought it might be good (for three bucks, I was willing to give it a shot)... but... yeah... not shaping up to be "good" at all.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PSUTerra

User Info: ElusiveOneX

ElusiveOneX
3 years ago#3
How could Mass Effect 2 be apart of this sale if multiple disc games are not on GoD?

User Info: Merc123

Merc123
3 years ago#4
Orange Box is a steal for 5 bucks, traded my copy a long time ago.

Everbornn1972
3 years ago#5
ElusiveOneX posted...
How could Mass Effect 2 be apart of this sale if multiple disc games are not on GoD?

didnt think of that (only have ME1)
The time WAS now...

User Info: Chykka_Black

Chykka_Black
3 years ago#6
It sucks because i dont have the 5 dollars for Orange Box today
Pokemon White FC: 4427-3698-5253 Izzi White 2 FC: 4041-3946-3289 Icy
3DS FC 4081-5675-7223

Everbornn1972
3 years ago#7
Merc123 posted...
Orange Box is a steal for 5 bucks, traded my copy a long time ago.

I did too. Got my digital copy of it
a long time ago. dont even remember how much I paid for it to be honest...
The time WAS now...

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
3 years ago#8
Honestly, other than the couple of classic Nintendo games that went for $0.35, like FZero...Microsoft consistently has the best sales on consoles.
Look. I'm not a very good shot, but this American, here....uses really big bullets.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539

User Info: ablerider

ablerider
3 years ago#9
ElusiveOneX posted...

witcher 2 is a 2 disc game -.-

User Info: Brucebee

Brucebee
3 years ago#10
Also Max Payne 3 is 2 discs.
http://junkee.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/slap21.gif
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/misc/tumblr_lyvtpxXRlf1rnzjqfo1_500.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. *Serious Topic* Being July 4th, what do you think of today's "today only" sale?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived