This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Comic Book games could be as big as the movies are

#1GSPgreasesPosted 7/4/2013 5:04:42 PM
but too many movie tie ins for a quick buck. Its a shame if the game companies really wanted to put out big hits , they could if they took the time to make the games great

Avengers , Iron Man 3, Dark Knights are Billion dollar box office movies

And you have Captain America, Man Of steel, X-men, Thor pulling in good numbers as well

yet we see only 2 good Comic Book franchises that being Batman Arkham series and the Spiderman series

and a whole bunch of Mediorce to decent titles:

Superman Returns
Thor
Iron Man 1
Iron Man 2
Captain America
Fantastic Four
Green Lantern
Wolverine Origins

I STILL BUY SOME because i like the characters only after a huge pricedrop depending on the title.
#2TheBlueStigPosted 7/4/2013 5:09:39 PM
Wolverine Origins was a good game, and the Captain America game was supposed to be just like the Batman Arkham Asylum/City games.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#3The Top CrusaderPosted 7/4/2013 5:10:24 PM
Wolverine and Captain America were both great games, if not quite up there with Arkham and Spidey. They definitely deserve to be classified above The others you grouped them with.
---
----
-----
#4The Top CrusaderPosted 7/4/2013 5:11:05 PM
BlueStig ninja'd my post. :(
---
----
-----
#5GSPgreases(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 6:52:25 AM
I finally got around to buying GREEN Lantern and its one of the best comic book games ive played thus far. That moves up the list quite a bit
#6ImMrMojoRisinPosted 7/9/2013 7:10:22 AM
I just got a 360 and I got the Superman Returns game. Sure it is rough in ALOT of areas, but the core flying mechanic is so well done that it reminds me of why I enjoyed the Spiderman 2 game so much despite all of its flaws.
#7GSPgreases(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 7:15:25 AM
ImMrMojoRisin posted...
I just got a 360 and I got the Superman Returns game. Sure it is rough in ALOT of areas, but the core flying mechanic is so well done that it reminds me of why I enjoyed the Spiderman 2 game so much despite all of its flaws.

Superman returns is horrible, i bought it when it 1st was released. It was one of the worst comic book games from this gen.

Flying and the powers were good but nothing else was. Your fighting robots endlessely througout the game, no story, no depth and no missions.

I mean you litterally beat up robots till your XP fills up then theres a 20 sec cutscene then repeat.
#8ImMrMojoRisinPosted 7/9/2013 7:21:05 AM
GSPgreases posted...
ImMrMojoRisin posted...

Superman returns is horrible, i bought it when it 1st was released. It was one of the worst comic book games from this gen.

Flying and the powers were good but nothing else was. Your fighting robots endlessely througout the game, no story, no depth and no missions.

I mean you litterally beat up robots till your XP fills up then theres a 20 sec cutscene then repeat.

Yeah, that's all true, but I really love games that have flying in them, and this game does it really well. To me, the rest of the game is interesting enough to where I actually enjoy playing it.
#9ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 7/9/2013 7:23:57 AM
ImMrMojoRisin posted...
GSPgreases posted...
ImMrMojoRisin posted...

Yeah, that's all true, but I really love games that have flying in them, and this game does it really well. To me, the rest of the game is interesting enough to where I actually enjoy playing it.

i found the game to be ok, my main gripe was how the city's health was your lifebar
---
R.I.P. Ryan Davis
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#10ImMrMojoRisinPosted 7/9/2013 7:30:48 AM
ACHEEKSMALLOY posted...
ImMrMojoRisin posted...
GSPgreases posted...
ImMrMojoRisin posted...

i found the game to be ok, my main gripe was how the city's health was your lifebar

That makes thematic sense, though, rather than making Superman actually have a health bar.