This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There was a new console ship simulation console game recently. What was the name

#11SixStringHeroPosted 7/5/2013 4:11:00 PM(edited)
How does Darkstar One compare to games like Colony Wars?

I'm not expecting it to compare with Wing Commander or X-Wing / Tie Fighter
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#12bossk5Posted 7/5/2013 4:18:42 PM
SixStringHero posted...
How does Darkstar One compare to games like Colony Wars?

I'm not expecting it to compare with Wing Commander or X-Wing / Tie Fighter

It's slower paced. It's an open type game..they say it resembles a game called Freelancer? I will say it starts slow, you need to put some time into your ship before it becomes a potent starfighter. You can play a number of different ways..law abiding, pirate, smuggler ect. I personally loved it.
---
I buy used games. Most "gamers" here would rather argue... or just piss and moan...than discuss games.
#13MoonBound(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 4:21:56 PM
Stark trek doesn't look like a game where you can trade and upgrsde your ship, anyways there is one or two on arcade and I own final rift its amazing for one dollar and offers a bit of freedom.
---
I used to be an adventurer like you until I took an arrow in the knee, microsoft said deal with it!
#14glassghost0Posted 7/5/2013 4:23:17 PM
Nothing like that this year. Are you sure it was for the 360, and that it was a simulation game?
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#15SunDevil77Posted 7/5/2013 4:46:09 PM
MoonBound posted...
Stark trek doesn't look like a game where you can trade and upgrsde your ship, anyways there is one or two on arcade and I own final rift its amazing for one dollar and offers a bit of freedom.

Are you thinking Endless Space? It's recent, but not on consoles
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#16MoonBound(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 4:46:25 PM
glassghost0 posted...
Nothing like that this year. Are you sure it was for the 360, and that it was a simulation game?

I'm pretty sure I could be wrong but I also saw it at gamestop once it could be an rts with ships but the ships looked to big for that. The pics in game informer showed some military space officers for dialog and such. I'm going to the gi site now to find this.
---
I used to be an adventurer like you until I took an arrow in the knee, microsoft said deal with it!
#17MoonBound(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 4:52:37 PM(edited)
Yep I was wrong pc only, I recongnized the endless space title. Wow this sucks, I can't play it and this game looks amazing. Now I wonder what the hek I saw at gamestop. I'm sorry for getting anyone's hope up mine sure was.
---
#18bossk5Posted 7/5/2013 4:51:47 PM
I encourage everyone in here who hasn't tried it to buy DarkStar One. It's dirt cheap and scratches the space sim itch well.
---
I buy used games. Most "gamers" here would rather argue... or just piss and moan...than discuss games.
#19SunDevil77Posted 7/5/2013 4:53:51 PM
MoonBound posted...
Yep I was wrong pc only, I recongnized the endless space title. Wow this sucks, I can't play it and this game looks amazing. Now I wonder what the hek I saw at gamestop. I'm sorry for getting anyone's hope up mine sure was.

Ah. If you ever get a PC that can play it, buy it. So damn good.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#20MoonBound(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 4:54:09 PM
bossk5 posted...
I encourage everyone in here who hasn't tried it to buy DarkStar One. It's dirt cheap and scratches the space sim itch well.

I couldn't get past the voice acting and the constant attack from pirates and the fact thet say the same things over and over.
---