This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ahem witcher 2 or Kingdoms of amalur?

#11TheGam3925Posted 7/5/2013 11:15:15 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
If you're a hipster go with Witcher. If you're a casual go with KoA.

If you're a knucklehead post that.

Good one. I own both btw.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#12ArthasRebornPosted 7/6/2013 12:02:53 AM
I highly recommend The Witcher 2. Kingdom of Amalur was, to me, mediocre. It wasn't exceptional at anything and had a hard time making me care about what I was doing and why I was doing it.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/arthasreborn
http://i.imgur.com/0Zamww5.jpg http://i.imgur.com/PDgXlnY.jpg
#13z1hayzePosted 7/6/2013 12:07:34 AM
TW2
---
Don't forget to activate the quantum cheese grader or the ninja monkeys will attack and drink all the root beer God put on the moon.
XBL GT - xxpurplehayzexx
#14kingwutuguPosted 7/6/2013 12:18:07 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
If you're a hipster go with Witcher. If you're a casual go with KoA.

If you're a knucklehead post that.

"If you're a hipster go with Witcher. If you're a casual go with KoA."
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#15PwnostarPosted 7/6/2013 12:28:35 AM
Witcher 2, by far.
---
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." - Clint Eastwood
#16NazanirPosted 7/6/2013 12:31:56 AM
all_that_juice posted...
Witcher 2 takes a fat steaming s*** all over KoA.

Except it doesn't.

KoA has tons of lore, if you care about such things. Lot's of interesting and fun sidequests/stories. Lots of Lore Stones that give you alot of background story/information, books to read, etc. That is, if you're into such things, the story and lore are very rewarding, if not, then it just broils down to the gameplay.

The gameplay is fun, combat mostly that is. There's an alchemy/potion brewing system and crafting. That is, you can craft your own weapons/armor. This is broken, not gonna lie. The weapons/armors you can craft (especially when you get it to rank 10) are not just better compared to what you can find, they are OP. Still, it's alot of fun making your own equipment, it's handeled pretty neatly.

Combat gives you the option to equip 2 weapons and a shield. You can mix and match however you like, but the effectiveness of your weapons is also determened by your talent trees. You have 3 different trees with passive and active abilities that you can mix and match anyway you like, given you have enough skillpoints for it.

One thing, though this game has an extensive loot system, there is hardly any endgame content. When you complete the game, bosses don't respawn, no new challenges unlock or stuff like that. You can complete sidequests you haven't finished yet, but sadly there isn't any real reason to do so. Though you can continue to play after finishing the game, there is little incentive to do so. Still, I sunk well over 120 hours into this game.
---
XboX GT - Nazanir
#17vigorm0rtisPosted 7/6/2013 12:55:33 AM
Nazanir posted...
all_that_juice posted...
Witcher 2 takes a fat steaming s*** all over KoA.

Except it doesn't.

KoA has tons of lore, if you care about such things. Lot's of interesting and fun sidequests/stories. Lots of Lore Stones that give you alot of background story/information, books to read, etc. That is, if you're into such things, the story and lore are very rewarding, if not, then it just broils down to the gameplay.

The gameplay is fun, combat mostly that is. like, given you have enough skillpoints for it.

I dunno, man. The lore was half-baked and poorly constructed, and the gameplay... yeah, it's fast and fun but by level 30 it's one-note, even without crafting you're overpowered as hell.

They shouldn't have tapped that hack Salvatore.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#18seanskatePosted 7/6/2013 6:23:53 AM
kingdoms of amalur feels really dated, combat and boss battles are hilariously bad/simple. tries to be an action game but doesn't give you enough attacks.
---
SEN = BakerBoard
XBL/ WiiU = ClickedButton
#19Killah PriestPosted 7/6/2013 7:31:07 AM
how is this even a comparison?

the witcher 2 is better in every single way.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#20ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 7/6/2013 7:39:21 AM
koa since the combat is actually fun. also i found the world of koa more interesting tho both are kinda lacking.
---
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS