This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is dragons dogma supposed to look so...

#1xKaimPosted 7/5/2013 8:50:39 PM
muddy ?

I installed the HD texture pack but the game is really ugly. I just got done playing Tomb Raider so maybe that's why it looks so lousy.

Anyone else feel this way or is it just me ?
---
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.
#2Gold25onePosted 7/5/2013 8:53:07 PM
Probably just because you just played finished tomb raider, it just happened to me where i finished watching some next gen trailers and started playing Tomb Raider and it looked like **** for like 10 minutes until i got used to it.
---
This isn't some Video Game, this is DARK SOULS. - Souldepriver
#3xKaim(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 8:54:56 PM
Yeah, poor DD. I feel bad for it because I followed such a gorgeous game. Hopefully it makes up in gameplay since the story is extremely...missing so far.
---
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.
#4velvet_hammerPosted 7/5/2013 8:56:34 PM
DA looks good for a open world action game.. WTH are you smokin?
---
"Ignorance is venomous, and it murders the soul
Spreading like a virus running rampant, but out of control" Immortal Technique
#5Dark_SpiretPosted 7/5/2013 9:27:21 PM
its...definitely not a looker.
---
Currently playing: Deadpool - Killing Floor - Alan Wake
#6SunDevil77Posted 7/5/2013 9:36:08 PM
xKaim posted...
Yeah, poor DD. I feel bad for it because I followed such a gorgeous game. Hopefully it makes up in gameplay since the story is extremely...missing so far.

The epic battles make up for it. The climbing monster mechanic is fantastic. Pawns are quite fun.

Oh, and the character customization is something I absolutely adored, it usually gets overlooked, but it's essentially why I bought the game day 1. The demo impressed me.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#7shawnmckPosted 7/5/2013 9:44:04 PM
It's open world.
You can't expect it to look anything like Tomb Raider, which is linear by comparison, so it controls what you see and can cheat a little to make things look good.

Granted, the game isn't the best looking open-world game either..but it's okay.
#8velvet_hammerPosted 7/5/2013 9:50:57 PM(edited)
this game is about action, gameplay and bosses..Again the game looks good for how well it plays.. Dark Arisen is a top 5 rpg this gen..

If you bought this for story and graphics, Wait let me rephrase that. If you buy any game for graphics and story you're doing it wrong
---
#9vigorm0rtisPosted 7/5/2013 10:16:12 PM
velvet_hammer posted...

If you bought this for story and graphics, Wait let me rephrase that. If you buy any game for graphics and story you're doing it wrong

You're a fan of MG and think it has a good story, right? Well, somebody's doing it wrong.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#10velvet_hammerPosted 7/5/2013 10:45:32 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
velvet_hammer posted...

You're a fan of MG and think it has a good story, right? Well, somebody's doing it wrong.

MGS series has fantastic gameplay and boss fights.. wth are you smokin?
---