This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is dragons dogma supposed to look so...

#11lolamericansPosted 7/5/2013 10:24:05 PM
what does muddy graphics mean
#12singhellotakuPosted 7/5/2013 11:30:16 PM
No its just ugly
#13PwnostarPosted 7/6/2013 12:34:21 AM
xKaim posted...
Yeah, poor DD. I feel bad for it because I followed such a gorgeous game. Hopefully it makes up in gameplay since the story is extremely...missing so far.

The story definitely improves a lot as you get further along. It sucks for a while though.

DD is mostly great for it's boss fights though...which also happen to improve tremendously once you get to a certain point in the game. Unfortunately, the graphics aren't going to get much better.

Just stick with it.
---
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." - Clint Eastwood
#14Dark_SpiretPosted 7/6/2013 1:20:52 AM
xKaim posted...
Yeah, poor DD. I feel bad for it because I followed such a gorgeous game. Hopefully it makes up in gameplay since the story is extremely...missing so far.
oh it definitely does. in terms of combat it has probably THE best action combat if ever seen in an rpg and amazingly every class is fun to play. It can get repetitive and the game does have a lot of faults, but its one of those games that does a few things so damn well that theyre (generally) enough to carry the whole game.
---
Currently playing: Deadpool - Killing Floor - Alan Wake
#15Killah PriestPosted 7/6/2013 7:27:41 AM
UGLY is an exaggeration.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#16ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 7/6/2013 7:30:00 AM
velvet_hammer posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...
velvet_hammer posted...

If you bought this for story and graphics, Wait let me rephrase that. If you buy any game for graphics and story you're doing it wrong

You're a fan of MG and think it has a good story, right? Well, somebody's doing it wrong.

MGS series has fantastic gameplay and boss fights.. wth are you smokin?

WUT? LOL have you only played mgs games? the gameplay of all of them is bad.
---
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#17NemerlightPosted 7/6/2013 9:20:57 AM
One of the best RPGs this generation but i agree its graphics were a bit poop.
---
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
Ever get lonely? Remember, the NSA is right there with you - Internet.
#18shawnmckPosted 7/8/2013 3:30:26 PM
Also keep in mind that in Dragon's Dogma, everything in the distance you can actually travel to.
You see a broken down tower way off in the distance...it's really there, and you can travel there.
Plus, it also has real dynamic lighting, that is just beautiful. It means that your shadow will get bigger or smaller the farther/closer you get to the light source.

BTW
Be careful when playing Dragon's Dogma...
It will give you Harpies.
;)
#19bossk5Posted 7/8/2013 3:33:45 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
velvet_hammer posted...

If you bought this for story and graphics, Wait let me rephrase that. If you buy any game for graphics and story you're doing it wrong

You're a fan of MG and think it has a good story, right? Well, somebody's doing it wrong.

---
I buy used games. Most "gamers" here would rather argue... or just piss and moan...than discuss games.
#20DebaserZeroPosted 7/8/2013 3:33:47 PM
Harpies will snatch you and fly