This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In your opinion, what is the best RPG on the Xbox 360?

#51greywolf00Posted 7/6/2013 7:58:00 AM
Exclusives I'd have to say Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey
#52lordsofshadowPosted 7/6/2013 8:07:06 AM
Fallout new Vegas . No game had the level of immersion like NV did for me . Exceptional story , great characters (even your own) , refined gameplay from fallout 3 , and its actually have choices that has effects to the world unlike soo many games claims to make .

God I hope obsidian gets to make that Fallout L.A game they wanted to make ...
#53master_gamr1231Posted 7/6/2013 8:13:13 AM
New Vegas, all day e'rry day. I'd just repeat everything everyone else has said about it, so I'll leave it at that.

Also, Alpha Protocol was an amazingly good RPG. I'd call it my second favorite. Really stuck to its RPG roots. The amount of ways the plot can branch literally makes me dizzy. I've played through it three times so far and each ending was so extremely different from the others that it was crazy. Good characters and non-linear (for the most part) gameplay. A lot of people complain about the gameplay and shooting mechanics, but it really just takes learning and more patience. Never played another TPS with a system quite like it. Once you've got it down, combat really isn't a problem.
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!
#54CaliberChampPosted 7/6/2013 8:34:05 AM
First of all dark souls isn't an rpg. Second of all its a piece of **** game compared to the witcher 2, mass effects, dragons dogma, red dead redemption, and elder scrolls games.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman Arkham city
Terrible games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, X-Com, War Z, EVE Online.
#55UddersAndBladesPosted 7/6/2013 8:40:59 AM
Dark Souls
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Retro Menace
Look! The East is burning red!
#56Gaara_fanPosted 7/6/2013 8:53:06 AM
Liquid Snake2 posted...
Dark Souls is not a good game, the only people who think it is are try hards who like it so they can look "hardcore". Its not even a difficult game, the difficulty is artificial cause the game is a poorly made piece of trash.

This is wrong on so many levels that I don't even...
At the least I can say game hasn't artificial difficulty. I could prove with tons of examples but you would ignore anyway.

So yeah, Dark Souls it's the best RPG for me on 360, closely followed by Vesperia. Dark Souls easily takes the spot because it's too adictive, gameplay mechanics are wonderfully made, great scenario and graphics and not too mention online interactivity.
---
"O Admonishing melody, arise in the of Necromancer. Mystic Cage"
#57DarthVashtiPosted 7/6/2013 8:58:12 AM
Mass Effect trilogy
#58no1oblivionfanPosted 7/6/2013 9:29:58 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Skyrim.

ME2 and 3 aren't RPGs, I don't know why anyone would list them. If they count, so does Diablo, Borderlands and Bioshock... (protip: they don't)

Agreed, they are ARPGs at best, which of course is entirely different from a RPG...
---
Steam: An_Orang3e
#59LamesyPosted 7/6/2013 9:32:04 AM
I don't have a 360, but I would buy one for Lost Odyssey and Magna Carta 2.
Of the multiplats that I've played that are on 360, Dark Souls.
#60charon78auPosted 7/6/2013 9:39:54 AM
New Vegas for actual role-playing. Nothing beats it. Best single player game of this generation in my book. Multiple endings. Excellent faction system. Excellent DLC. Flavour perks and hardcore mode.

ME1 was an RPG (just), but ME2 and ME3 were shooters with RPG elements. Great games though (except that ending *shudder*).

I found Blue Dragon to be repetitive and dull. Never played Lost Odyssey. I kind of grew out of JRPGs a few years ago. They don't hold my interest much any more. I did enjoy Enchanted Arms though. I imagine it's aged a bit by now.

Other honourable mentions: Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Dragon Age: Origins.
---
(Im)mature Aussie gamer. Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78