This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In your opinion, what is the best RPG on the Xbox 360?

#71HulkxxSMASHPosted 7/6/2013 9:40:56 AM
master_gamr1231 posted...
New Vegas, all day e'rry day. I'd just repeat everything everyone else has said about it, so I'll leave it at that.

Also, Alpha Protocol was an amazingly good RPG. I'd call it my second favorite. Really stuck to its RPG roots. The amount of ways the plot can branch literally makes me dizzy. I've played through it three times so far and each ending was so extremely different from the others that it was crazy. Good characters and non-linear (for the most part) gameplay. A lot of people complain about the gameplay and shooting mechanics, but it really just takes learning and more patience. Never played another TPS with a system quite like it. Once you've got it down, combat really isn't a problem.

I'm not really an RPG guy an I only came in to see if anyone said Alpha Protocol.

You win 50 cool points... redeemable at Fonz's World of Cool*

*terms and conditions apply
---
Hulk is strongest one there is... Hulk is... only one there is... only one... there... is... Hulk feels... cold
#72SunDevil77Posted 7/6/2013 9:41:55 AM
z1hayze posted...
That's a nice list of RPG's, the ones I have played are:

Dark Souls - My favorite RPG
The Witcher 2 - Close second
Oblivion
Skyrim - Never finished
Dragon Age: Origins - Never finished
Tales of Vesperia - Currently playing
ME1&2
Kingdoms of Amalur - Never finished
Final Fantasy XIII & XIII-2

I still haven't played the Fallout games and NV: Ultimate Edition is $20 and comes with a lot of DLC. Fallout 3 GOTY edition is a little cheaper though. A lot of you also mentioned Lost Odyssey which I have always had an interest in trying, but the load times I keep hearing about kind of put me off.

Dude, Lost Odyssey is a must play. After about halfway through Disc 1, it picks the hell up. And it's only around $15.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#73ChissyCheezePosted 7/6/2013 9:50:55 AM
I'll just have to go with my top 3 favorite franchises: Fallout, Borderlands, and The Elder Scrolls!
---
My friends call me Steelix, for my Steel-like last name, you should all be like, "Hey Steelix!" and you'll make me happy ^_^
#74Wintersun616Posted 7/6/2013 10:18:32 AM
Final Fantasy XIII.
#75LoneCourier2281Posted 7/6/2013 10:33:09 AM
I have a lot of RPGs for the 360, but I jus recently got a 360 so I barely have played any of them yet.

But I'm playing Fallout 3 right now, I know it's not an exclusive. But wow I love this game.

So by default, for me it would be that. But after I play The Witcher 2 or Blue Dragon or something else, it might change. Who knows?
---
Currently playing Lunar: Dragon Song, Xenoblade Chronicles, FFVII, and Enchanted Arms
#76theedizzyonePosted 7/6/2013 10:46:12 AM
Exclusive? Lost Odyssey. No question about it.
#77CaffineRushPosted 7/6/2013 10:49:04 AM
The Mass Effect trilogy and not just on 360 but of all time.
---
I wish you could know youre in the good ol days before you leave them. -Andy Bernard,
#78JayZero4Posted 7/6/2013 11:01:30 AM
Lost Odyssey, the Mass Effect Trilogy, Tales of Vesperia, The Penny Arcade series, just to name a few.
#79A_Bit_Of_CharmPosted 7/6/2013 11:17:43 AM
dark souls by far
---
XBL GT: A Bit Of Charm
3DS FC: 3668-7321-0017
#80theofficefan99Posted 7/6/2013 11:21:45 AM(edited)
Lost Odyssey, though the battle system was far too archaic and dull, and the ending was absolutely terrible. Gongora was a horrible villain as well, and the technical issues were annoying. Great experience overall, though. I'd give it an 8/10.

Aside from Lost Odyssey, Final Fantasy XIII, The Witcher 2, Infinite Undiscovery and the Mass Effect trilogy are all great RPG's as well.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin