This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ever been put off by a game that you really wanted to enjoy but couldn't?

#41x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 7/8/2013 7:22:52 AM
chem1calburn posted...
rockyoumonkeys posted...
Grand Theft Auto IV: the driving physics. Oh god, the driving physics. The last thing I want in a game full of car chase missions are driving physics that are even remotely realistic. (Not that they're that realistic...suspension is exaggerated and the tires seem to be coated in vaseline).

This.

I was a boss at driving in GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas. I had mastered the driving controls.

GTA4? Not even close. It is like I'm trying to turn a boat on the road. Loose handling.

The old driving was perfect. I have no idea why it was changed so drastically.

I can't stand GTA in the slightest. I tried to because it has a lot of things I enjoy in games but I find it to be boring for some reason. I get so much crap from friends because I feel this way.
#42FocianPosted 7/8/2013 8:45:59 AM
GTA IV and Bioshock.

Both brilliant games, well deserving of their respective critical and peer based high feedback. Could I get into either? Nope. Ah well.
---
GT/PSN: Focian
The measure of a life is a measure of love and respect; So hard to earn, so easily burned.
#43WBH420Posted 7/11/2013 3:30:58 AM
Once again, The Last of Us. This game is only half as good as people claim.
---
"I am the one who knocks" - Heisenberg-
#44Aadrian1234Posted 7/11/2013 3:49:19 AM
Matt_256 posted...
Dark Souls/Demon Souls

Good games and I appreciate them. I just can't bring myself to ever complete them.. I always just lose touch and move onto something else. Something about putting hours into something and accomplishing nothing doesn't sit with me too well..

It's the opposite for me. I can't stop playing it
---
"This...sentence...is...false!"
"Umm... True, I pick true. See? Not hard at all"
#45Deathx113Posted 7/11/2013 4:26:30 AM
Dues Ex, I start a new game constantly, enjoy the first couple levels, then do some undercover cop mission where I need to collect codes but can't hack or find them... drives me crazy and I quit every time.
---
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113
#46Insomaniac87Posted 7/11/2013 4:48:41 AM
Darksiders 2, I loved the first one, but the second one feels lime a ps2 game. Big open areas with nothing in them.
---
Gamertag: insomaniac87
#47fakesoundofprogressPosted 7/11/2013 5:10:14 AM
Ghost Recon Future Solider,

I was so excited for this game, been a fan of the previous games. But this was just a complete let down! Controls were great, loved the cover system, love the weapon customization, but the game itself was awful!

Could only use DLC weapons if you could connect to the UBI server, which went down way too often, matchmaking was terrible,

I could deal with all of this, but the thing that topped it off for me was that your player become vulnerable during a in-mission cut scene, so you are having a shoot out, your game interrupts you to point out something, like a helicopter, taking the camera away from your character and locking the controls, but you can still be shot! So I kept coming back to a bleeding out/dead player!

Resident Evil 6 did this too, really grinds my gears!
#48LiteMatterPosted 7/11/2013 5:18:59 AM
Witcher 2 ive tried multiple times to play it. i cant stand the main character and gameplay blows.
#49JKSonicPosted 7/11/2013 6:01:54 AM
I'm currently about the give MGS series (well, 2 and 3) another shot. I feel like I never gave it a fair chance and for some reason I really got in the mood to try again. We shall see how it goes... I just always felt like it was super clunky and even in 4 it felt like a PS1 game to me.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#50SunDevil77Posted 7/11/2013 6:15:44 AM(edited)
WBH420 posted...
Once again, The Last of Us. This game is only half as good as people claim.

Troy Baker alone makes the game far above average. Everything else is wonderful, too.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539