This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gameplay vs Story

#61BBBanks03Posted 7/10/2013 8:43:23 PM
"Mario is nothing more than a babies first video game. It's existence has always been that and even Miyamoto has always said that. The fact is, any video game with a story is better than any mario game because they are not toys, they are expierences."

I'm going to bed because I have an actual job to get ready for so I'll respond to this tomorrow. But before I go, again, there's quite a lot you need to re-think over here (you've got a lot to prepare for and brush up for school tomorrow, young man!) and evaluate before ANYONE will take you seriously.

1. You need to stop spitting in the face of games that made the industry what it was. It's disrespectful and no one will EVER take you seriously.

2. You need to stop making up false quotes of developers in the industry without any backup, it's libel under real circumstances and can get you into a lot of trouble.

3. You need to work on your reading comprehension, because you take my position on your nonsense to mean that I'm "gameplay-only" which is just incredibly bad deductive reasoning. I think you'll find most anybody appreciates and enjoys stories in videogames these days, they just have enough sense to realize ONE element that goes into making a game is never the be all, end all factor to what makes a game great.

Your opinion on games is like a person coming up to me and saying "no matter what, in all forms of music, in all ways, lyrics are the most important thing in a song." It's just staggeringly ignorant and detrimental to any form of media. I hope and pray you never manage to have any involvement in any kind of entertainment industry, because your views would doom any industry to stay dormant and stagnant forever. Have a nice day!
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#62mtjormitchPosted 7/10/2013 9:19:11 PM
BBBanks03 posted...
"Mario is nothing more than a babies first video game. It's existence has always been that and even Miyamoto has always said that. The fact is, any video game with a story is better than any mario game because they are not toys, they are expierences."

I'm going to bed because I have an actual job to get ready for so I'll respond to this tomorrow. But before I go, again, there's quite a lot you need to re-think over here (you've got a lot to prepare for and brush up for school tomorrow, young man!) and evaluate before ANYONE will take you seriously.

1. You need to stop spitting in the face of games that made the industry what it was. It's disrespectful and no one will EVER take you seriously.

2. You need to stop making up false quotes of developers in the industry without any backup, it's libel under real circumstances and can get you into a lot of trouble.

3. You need to work on your reading comprehension, because you take my position on your nonsense to mean that I'm "gameplay-only" which is just incredibly bad deductive reasoning. I think you'll find most anybody appreciates and enjoys stories in videogames these days, they just have enough sense to realize ONE element that goes into making a game is never the be all, end all factor to what makes a game great.

Your opinion on games is like a person coming up to me and saying "no matter what, in all forms of music, in all ways, lyrics are the most important thing in a song." It's just staggeringly ignorant and detrimental to any form of media. I hope and pray you never manage to have any involvement in any kind of entertainment industry, because your views would doom any industry to stay dormant and stagnant forever. Have a nice day!

Mario only helped video games become what they are faster, it would have happened without it anyways. I spit on it's name because it is what video games USED to be about. Being toys which Miyamoto has admitted to saying and his actions involving Sticker Star pretty much prove he thinks video games as nothing but toys.

Story based video games have surpassed gameplay only ones of the past and future. People will only talk about Mario just as someone does for a black on white movie while video games like The Walking Dead will always be talked about.

A movie without a story is useless, a book without a story is useless, A comic book without a story is known as a super hero comic book, while video games without story are useless. That simple.

Also, Lyrics does not equal anything about what I was talking about at all. Horrid example. How does a song have a story other than horrid country songs?
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#63BBBanks03Posted 7/11/2013 10:23:36 AM
Okay, Iím going to make a guess here: youíre either in 8th grade, maybe 9th, but certainly still in high school. Youíre not processing any of what Iím actually sayingÖ youíre not properly comprehending any of the points Iíve made, and what youíve been saying is not something anyone with any real deductive reasoning would be saying. So Iím going to stop here. Thereís no point in going any further.

If you wish, in eight or nine years, you can come back and try again when youíre really able to construct a proper argument. Although at that time, youíre going to realize how ridiculous what youíve been saying is, and youíll likely be apologizing for coming off as so close-minded and wondering how you could have ever had opinions so misguided. I guess weíll just have to wait and see! Good luck on your PSATs!
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#64mtjormitchPosted 7/11/2013 10:37:22 AM
BBBanks03 posted...
Okay, Iím going to make a guess here: youíre either in 8th grade, maybe 9th, but certainly still in high school. Youíre not processing any of what Iím actually sayingÖ youíre not properly comprehending any of the points Iíve made, and what youíve been saying is not something anyone with any real deductive reasoning would be saying. So Iím going to stop here. Thereís no point in going any further.

If you wish, in eight or nine years, you can come back and try again when youíre really able to construct a proper argument. Although at that time, youíre going to realize how ridiculous what youíve been saying is, and youíll likely be apologizing for coming off as so close-minded and wondering how you could have ever had opinions so misguided. I guess weíll just have to wait and see! Good luck on your PSATs!

No, I understand what I am reading, you are just not accepting the fact that video games have grown up beyond what childishness the NES age was once.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.