This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

which do you prefer in your games?

#1darkharePosted 7/6/2013 6:52:46 PM
vote below! - Results (158 votes)
Story
32.91% (52 votes)
Gameplay
67.09% (106 votes)
This poll is now closed.
yeah everyone knows how this polls going to turn out, and yet the same topic keeps coming back again and again (in another thread). vote and maybe we'll actually put this none sense to rest.

---
The future of Console Gaming, are the gamers. vote with your $!
#2TBD2009Posted 7/6/2013 6:54:58 PM
I like story in my games. I want to be able to become heavily invested in the plot of a game, and make it worth playing in the first place.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/PSUTerra
#3joegt123Posted 7/6/2013 6:56:27 PM
Both.

If any game is sorely deficient in either, I won't play it. The exception being games that wouldn't HAVE stories. Eg racing games.
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#4natevinesPosted 7/6/2013 6:57:11 PM
Where's the option for graphics? it's by far the most important
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#5SunDevil77Posted 7/6/2013 7:01:01 PM
Both. I've been on a story binge lately, though.
Replaying some classics. The ME Trilogy, Lost Odyssey, Deadly Premonition: DC, The Last of Us, MGS4, etc.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#6CammyApplePosted 7/6/2013 7:39:03 PM
Visuals. The video in video games implies a visual medium. Without the visuals there would be no video games.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#7JackBurton85Posted 7/6/2013 8:08:52 PM
CammyApple posted...
Visuals. The video in video games implies a visual medium. Without the visuals there would be no video games.

The game in video games implies they must contain gameplay. Without the gameplay there would be no videogames.

Seriously though, story is worthless if the game itself isn't fun or enjoyable to play. Gameplay is paramount. A great story is an added bonus. Even if the story is the driving feature, you still NEED gameplay to be enjoyable on some level to continue on, otherwise you might as well save yourself the time and trouble and just read spoilers of what happens on the internet.
#8CammyApplePosted 7/6/2013 8:11:57 PM
That's my point. You need all the things.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#9jo8n3645Posted 7/6/2013 8:17:40 PM
1. gameplay
2. story
3. graphics
#10scoobydoobydontPosted 7/6/2013 8:20:35 PM
Order of importance, most to least: Story>Graphics>Gameplay>Audio IMO. There's obviously exceptions, like Mirror's Edge for example, the music is half the experience. Skyrim excels at exploration first and foremost which is graphics and gameplay combinined. Both have pretty light/simple stories at the core of them (and debatably, both are pretty poorly delivered), yet they are two of my fav games ever. Yet I usually consider character, setting and story above gameplay when deciding to buy or play something in the first place. Without story, most games just feel pointless to me.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png