This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

which do you prefer in your games?

#31dannyaqPosted 7/8/2013 8:59:29 AM
Depends on the game. The walking dead was great, but I thought the gameplay parts were the weakest. I would have preferred it feel even more like a move than it already does. But I mean take a sports game and obviously story doesn't matter.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#32IceteaCrisisPosted 7/8/2013 9:30:13 AM
jo8n3645 posted...
1. gameplay
2. story
3. graphics

This except i would maybe make audio 3 and graphics 4

If a game has great game play with stand out ideas but has an uninteresting story i can still enjoy the game. I have before and i am sure will again be able to ignore a pointless story, but enjoy a game on it's gameplay ability.

Audio can be important to set the mood of a game. a video game can have an amazing soundtrack.

I personally always keep graphics last because it is not a huge factor to me. while the video in video games is important to an extent you can still have an enjoyable game based on gameplay.
I would never not play a game because the water does not sparkle enough when the sun hits it or i can't see sweat dripping down my players face.
---
Game Buying Strategy-http://tinyurl.com/gamebuying
Give us a new Mister Mosquito
#33BahamutBBobPosted 7/8/2013 9:33:35 AM
I voted Gameplay.

Story is important too, but a ****ty game is a ****ty game, no matter how good the story is.

This is why I could only beat Dragon Age: Origins once. The story was very good (IMO) but the gameplay was very bad. Dragon Age 2 didn't have nearly as good of a story to drive me to finish it. I won't be playing Dragon Age 3 because I don't think the team working on the games is capable of good gameplay.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#34Matt_256Posted 7/9/2013 1:20:31 PM
BahamutBBob posted...
I voted Gameplay.

Story is important too, but a ****ty game is a ****ty game, no matter how good the story is.

This is why I could only beat Dragon Age: Origins once. The story was very good (IMO) but the gameplay was very bad. Dragon Age 2 didn't have nearly as good of a story to drive me to finish it. I won't be playing Dragon Age 3 because I don't think the team working on the games is capable of good gameplay.

^^^Yep. That's pretty much the bottom line. If the gameplay sucks I'm not even gonna get far enough to appreciate the story anyways.

How many games have GREAT stories anyways..?? There's actually very few in my gaming history that have actually impressed me. I mean VERY few. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm just saying it's not the most important aspect of a videogame and should never be the most important part.
#35darkhare(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 11:14:43 PM
bump because people still faced with the obvious truth insist on being blind, keep voting pls.

---
The future of Console Gaming, are the gamers. vote with your $!
#36stargazer1981Posted 7/16/2013 5:36:18 PM
I can play games solely for the gameplay (Super Mario Bros.) or I can play games solely for the story (TT's TWD Series).

Or I can play for both (Bioshock, Last of Us, Mass Effect, Halo 4, Fallout 3, and the like).

Which do I prefer though? Gameplay. Easily.
---
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi
#37CaIiber345Posted 7/16/2013 5:43:50 PM
Dead clowns. A game can do whatever the hell else it wants to, even if means sacrificing both story and gameplay, as long as it has dead clowns.
---
The Price is Right, Don Mattrick, and a nuclear submarine all walk into a bar...
Is it GTA V yet? Wake me up when it's GTA V.
#38legendxmythPosted 7/16/2013 10:39:04 PM
The perfect example for me is Red Faction: Guerrilla. I played it about 1-2 years ago, and I do not remember the characters name or face. All I remember about the story was that it took place on Mars.

However, I remember exactly how to take apart a building the fastest way with the sledgehammer.
#39JoboHotepPosted 7/17/2013 12:44:16 AM
For me, it depends on the type of game I'm playing.

I can play a "game" that barely has any gameplay due to being story driven, and I can also equally enjoy a game that has no "story" elements at all. Really just depends on what type of experience I'm wanting at the time.
---
If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh, I'll meet ya on the next one..And don't be late- Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child
#40CaIiber345Posted 7/17/2013 1:06:16 AM
legendxmyth posted...
The perfect example for me is Red Faction: Guerrilla. I played it about 1-2 years ago, and I do not remember the characters name or face. All I remember about the story was that it took place on Mars.

However, I remember exactly how to take apart a building the fastest way with the sledgehammer.

This game still sits in my backlog. I must get to it soon.
---
The Price is Right, Don Mattrick, and a nuclear submarine all walk into a bar...
Is it GTA V yet? Wake me up when it's GTA V.