This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did your multiple consoles ownership start with the 16-bit consoles?

#21universaldavePosted 7/12/2013 4:28:29 AM
SepticFlesh posted...
Started with an Atari 2600 and Intellivision.

This is my answer, as well. I've usually had multiple consoles at once, except during the famed SNES/Genesis era. I only had the Genesis then. In retrospect it's pretty weird that I never felt the need to have an SNES.
---
Gamefaqs: where men who can't get dates take every opportunity to tell everyone about their incredibly high standards when it comes to women.
#22DyingPancakePosted 7/12/2013 5:48:40 AM(edited)
Last gen was the only time I ever had all the consoles from a generation (unless you count a hand me down playstation. My friends and I pretty much stuck to the N64 )

It was such a waste and took up too much room. Now I only stick to one console. I may miss a few awesome games, but its not a big deal
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#23videogameking33Posted 7/12/2013 5:53:50 AM
Since 8-bit
---
Currently Playing: Far Cry 3 (360), Last of Us (PS3), AC: NL (3DS)
Diehard Buffalo Bills & Sabres Fan!!...XBL GamerTag & PSN: buffalo29
#24_ChunksTM_Posted 7/12/2013 11:56:30 AM
Yes, for me it started with 16-bit. This is probably because around this time I was 15-16 years old, and I got my first job. So, I had some disposable income to spare.
---
Peace through tyranny.
http://i.imgur.com/Wfd8BBf.gif
#25TSROCKSPosted 7/12/2013 12:18:38 PM
TC did not have an N64 or a Playstation 1? I'm so sorry.
---
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Alex898
#26BDzaPosted 7/12/2013 12:35:46 PM
Been playing since I was given an Atari 2600, but it wasn't until this gen that I had more then 1 console in my home at a time. Each new gen I'd sell my old console in order to pay for the next gen console. Although there were a few stolen and broken consoles in between.

I guess having kids and getting hitched is what it did it because now we have a Wii, WiiU, two 360s, a PS2, a N64, and my old Sega Genesis tucked away.
---
<G>A Brother who always helps the widow's son; are you a traveling man too?<G>
Addicted to->FE: Awakening