This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Great games with bad demo's..

#1Gunvalkyrie2Posted 7/7/2013 1:57:43 PM(edited)
Could be another thinly veiled Dead Space 3 plug from me -- but the demo for the game does not do the game justice --

spoilers

first of all you get 7 hours of traditional DS gameplay before you even show up on the ice planet in the demo. secondly as with any demo throwing you in the middle of the game -- by the time you hit the demo part in the real game, the weapon crafting has been completely explained (and is a major component of why this is a great game!), in the demo you are thrown into it... I had NO idea what I was even doing in the demo...

it's so sad to me if this is the game that killed the franchise.. in general I think people are just fatigued by any series at the 3rd game mark - but unlike Crysis 3 (which is a good game) DS 3 actually adds A LOT of new gameplay elements and REALLY feels like a true sequel.
#2WinternovaPosted 7/7/2013 2:00:39 PM
Demo's or demos?

Batman: Arkham Asylum fits the bill nicely.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#3RenamonPosted 7/7/2013 2:03:14 PM
Winternova posted...
Demo's or demos?

Haha I was going to say that too. What does demo own? And if demo is possessive, isn't it a name, and should therefore be capitalized? :P
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#4Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2013 2:18:28 PM
One more for the ignore list. nice. "winternova" is already on ignore by anyone with any sense.
#5FTWWholeFnShowPosted 7/7/2013 2:19:52 PM
Blue dragon
---
-\m/ ProWres Love \m/-XBL: Bennyhanna79
Women & their relationship "games" piss me off ><
#6ArnoldtheRedPosted 7/7/2013 2:24:55 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
One more for the ignore list. nice. "winternova" is already on ignore by anyone with any sense.

He's gotta compensate somehow by wasting money on a degree that anyone can get.
#7I_am_BenderPosted 7/7/2013 2:28:05 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...

let me guess your ignore list is full or near full because you put everyone on it
---
I am Bender. Please insert girder.
#8Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2013 2:29:34 PM
I_am_Bender posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...

let me guess your ignore list is full or near full because you put everyone on it

let me guess -- you can't just respond to a topic?
#9Pacman2dxPosted 7/7/2013 2:32:04 PM
I guess Gears: Judgment demo of Overrun was pretty bad - I still bought the full game but that mode is something I'd never play.
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
If you're going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill