This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft points being depreciated

#61VeryDarkSoul(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 9:08:02 AM
MVNeo posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Joke Account posted...
Thebluestig really missed the point

What point?

The point that MS Points were actually the superior form of currency for online game purchases, and that all the people who whined about them were completely STUPID ? ? ? Now that points will be going away, games will COST MORE for 2 reasons, first, the gift cards won't go on sale anywhere near the amount that Points do, and second, mandatory sales tax for online purchases.

Is that the point you were talking about, or is that the point that YOU missed???????

There's also the fact that some stores still don't understand the rules for gift card and sometimes charge sales tax for those cards at the point of purchase. Which means people are/will be getting double taxed for content purchases.

Agreed 100%. I never understood the whining about Microsoft Points either.

because people hate math. 80MSP = $1 is too hard a concept to grasp
---
Ron Paul 2012
#62gabriusPosted 7/8/2013 9:11:28 AM
TC is slowly becoming one of my least favorite people here.

TROOOOOOOOOOOOLL.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#63Gillian SeedPosted 7/8/2013 9:18:28 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Gillian Seed posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
I would rather pay tax then be stuck with that odd amount of points.

You're going to be stuck with extra money in your account no matter which way you do it. Think about it for more than just 5 seconds....

Not if he plans on making purchases directly with a credit card or paypal.

Why would someone buy a gift card, then pay for the final purchase with the credit card anyways?

I didn't say they would be buying gift cards. Some people don't want to bother with MSP cards. They only buy MSP because they need MSP to make XBLA and dlc purchases. For a $10.90 purchase they won't need to buy $15 in credit, and have money left over. They'll now be able to buy that $10.90 XBLA game for the exact amount with their credit card. So the way they make their purchases they won't be left with a balance.
#64JRDeBoPosted 7/8/2013 11:35:30 AM
I already pay taxes on my point purchases so this makes no difference to me.
---
Oakland Raider fan till I die. Let's just try not suck this year.
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=jrdebo http://raptr.com/jrdebo