This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft to continue support for 360 for the next FIVE YEARS

#21SunDevil77Posted 7/8/2013 10:25:16 AM
How the heck does this mean a "half assed Xbox One"?

Gamers have been begging for both Sony and Microsoft to keep supporting current gen since all the rumors about next gen started.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#22ARsignal11Posted 7/8/2013 10:26:00 AM
I'll believe it when I see it.
#23GawdDawgsPosted 7/8/2013 1:24:38 PM
Sheepinator posted...
Define "continue to support", since it can mean virtually anything.

One Arcade game each year? That's continued support.

Letting people pay for Live and play MP in existing games? That's continued support.

This. "Continued support" is just a blanket statement for any potential damage control. No consumer wants to hear "we're not supporting 360 anymore once the One comes out, so you better go get one!" even though that's eventually what they're going to do. It would be safe to assume this transition will be identical to the transition from Original Xbox (the OX!) to the 360: maybe having a few cross-platform games for the first year, then not much else besides servers for the popular games.
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.
#24TheBlueStigPosted 7/8/2013 1:33:10 PM
RahzarX posted...
Well regardless, it looks like we're going to get a half-assed Xbox One.

You were getting that in the first place.

You do realize that just because there will still be support for the 360 does NOT automatically mean that the next system will fail because of that, the X-Bone has all of it's own reasons for failure built into the hardware.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#25aya469Posted 7/8/2013 8:53:46 PM
I find that hard to believe considering they haven't even really been supporting the system the last three years, I don't know why they would bother to start once the Xbone is here.
---
I write about games and stuff. Check it out if you want. thisispixelplanet.tumblr.com
http://www.examiner.com/gamer-in-phoenix/michael-mckenzie
#26Combo MasterPosted 7/9/2013 1:40:10 PM
This would be awesome and exciting if they actually cared about getting exclusive games for the 360 which it has barely any this year. I think the only note worthy is gears Judgment am I right?

I think ps3 will still come with decent exclusives ps4 won't have but 360 won't get anything good exclusive that's not for xbox one judging by whats happening now.
---
Combo Master
#27NJWrasslerPosted 7/9/2013 2:51:37 PM
I don't really have any games that are making me stay with the system as of now, so I have to say I don't care persoanlly. But it is awesome for people if they are keeping servers up for your mp games. I hope at the very end of the lifecycle they just have a !!Everything Must Go!! arcade/on demand sale, make it worth it for the diehards
---
I'm here to cut tails and chew snakebee larva, and I'm all out of snakebee larva.
#28SolidStryderPosted 7/9/2013 3:56:45 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
RahzarX posted...
Well regardless, it looks like we're going to get a half-assed Xbox One.

You were getting that in the first place.

You do realize that just because there will still be support for the 360 does NOT automatically mean that the next system will fail because of that, the X-Bone has all of it's own reasons for failure built into the hardware.

Wrong.