This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has anyone ever used that free trial for Gamefly?

#1DarkECOJakPosted 7/8/2013 6:42:01 AM
I was curious if someone had used the trial and then quit the subscription right after it. The reason being I know some subscriptions kind of rook you in with the fine print. Like, you get a free trial but then you have to pay an additional month or something that they don't mention.

Was anyone able to do the free trial and quit without having to pay anything? I literally just want to try out one game before I drop 50 bucks on a new copy.
---
Xbox 360/PS3/Wii U ID: Disasterrific
#2Killah PriestPosted 7/8/2013 6:43:34 AM
yea you just make sure you cancel and send the games back before the trial is over.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#3DarkECOJak(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 6:45:23 AM
Killah Priest posted...
yea you just make sure you cancel and send the games back before the trial is over.

Thanks. With that said, is 14 days really enough time for this? I assume that time is including them sending it out and myself sending it back, right?
---
#4Killah PriestPosted 7/8/2013 6:50:10 AM
I'm unsure exactly but I believe it starts as soon as you sign up. So you'll lose like 3-4 days before you get your first title assuming then send one right away.

Sending it back... they'll probably give you a little grace period, they give the customer the benefit of the doubt unless you lose/damage games constantly.

Its pretty much for getting a good idea on how long it takes the game to get to you after they ship it and how long it takes for them to receive the game after you return it. You most likely won't get a lot of gaming out of the trial.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#5TheBeastWithinPosted 7/8/2013 6:54:22 AM
You could just spend $2 and rent the game from redbox if there's one nearby with a copy.
---
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#6DarkECOJak(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 7:06:45 AM
TheBeastWithin posted...
You could just spend $2 and rent the game from redbox if there's one nearby with a copy.

That's 2 bucks per day, right?
---
#7IceteaCrisisPosted 7/8/2013 7:12:55 AM
DarkECOJak posted...
TheBeastWithin posted...

That's 2 bucks per day, right?

I believe so yes, but you might be able to find free rental codes they give out and you would also not have to worry about sending a game back in time and canceling the member ship.

It might be worth it in terms of less hassle to just drop 6 bucks to try it out over a weekend to see if you like it and then take it back to a local red box.
(I remember back when you could rent a game for under 6 dollars a week)
---
Game Buying Strategy-http://tinyurl.com/gamebuying
Give us a new Mister Mosquito