This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

One Finger Death Punch! (We need to talk more about this game!)

#1ImMrMojoRisinPosted 7/8/2013 8:09:12 AM
Why did the other two topics about this game get archived so early? Anyway, I'm posting this to try to get more people into this game. It is the most fun I have had in forever. There is so much playability and RE-playability in this game that it is amazing it is so cheap. This could have easily been a $5-10 Arcade title.

The devs had said that it isn't selling that well at all on XBLIG, and that is a total shame. If you have an Xbox 360 and have not checked this game out yet, DO SO NOW!!!!

If you love kung fu movies, awesome "easy to learn but hard to master" intuitive but deceptively deep gameplay, and games that will keep you coming back time and time again to perfect your skills and get higher and higher scores, this is certainly the game for you!

And no, I don't work for them, lol. But I did trade in my PS3 for a 360 so I could play this game in all it's glory on my HD TV. But for those that aren't crazy like me and don't have a 360, this game should be coming out on PC through Desura within a few weeks. Do yourself and the devs a favor and buy it as soon as it comes out!

I've tried to put into words how awesome this game is, but like the Matrix, you have to play it for yourself to understand how awesome it is! And speaking of the The Matrix, the fights in this game easily take on the frantic and over the top nature of when Neo is fighting all those Smith clones in the "Burly Brawl." If you have ever wanted a game that gave you that same feel, and made you feel like a complete martial arts badass taking on all comers with ultimate skill, this is it!

It's got five different styles of kung fu, each with it's own set of unique and authentic animations, weapons that you can pull off of the bodies of your enemies and kick butt with (with very satisfying animations of their own), background items that you can destroy and do environmental moves off of Jackie Chan style, special abilities that grant you certain advantages and powers in battle, an expansive campaign mode with many different types of challenges, and three different survival modes to unlock and test your skills with. There are also many different types of enemies that take different methods of attack to defeat, and constantly keep you on your toes tracking their attack patterns and making sure you plan and time your attacks accordingly.

And that's the real fun of this game. Fighting the different enemies that approach you in varying patterns effectively and accurately produces an elaborate and spectacular fight choreography that you have never seen in a video game before. All with only a TWO button control scheme!
#2EZ_711Posted 7/8/2013 8:19:37 AM
I concur, bought it after first hearing about it in Dentenshi's topic and didn't expect to have this much fun for 80 points.

BUY One Finger Death Punch. Now.
#3SoincMetalPosted 7/8/2013 9:19:59 AM
Jus DL'ed and played the trial, surprisingly fun for only 2 buttons.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#4MasterPokerPosted 7/8/2013 9:28:46 AM
Problem is, they picked two buttons far enough apart that using two thumbs is more viable than one. Holding the controller like that inevitably makes my wrists hurt after a bit of playing.

I bought it and don't regret it yet, but its definitely a game I can't spend over 15m at a time on.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Ranked 1st, survived the dungeon: Xuande
#5SoincMetalPosted 7/8/2013 4:55:07 PM
I suckerd in and bout it :p
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#6JackBurton85Posted 7/8/2013 5:16:41 PM
Meh, stick figures.

Is it too much to ask for these super simple games that pop up on live and cellphones and whatnot to have at least an attempt at a unique or interesting or possibly even cool look? I'm not talking about graphics either, i mean the visual style of em, so craptastic.
#7superweskerPosted 7/8/2013 7:25:40 PM
That's a great write up TC. This game deserves every 360 owners dollar. Sooooo addictive.
---
WELCOMETOTHENEXTLEVEL...............GT: crazydaygo
#8Ginsu VictimPosted 7/8/2013 8:53:47 PM
Tried this out because of these recent topics and I will definitely be buying it soon. Fun indie game.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#9TenzhiPosted 7/9/2013 1:46:59 AM
I looked at it when it popped up and didn't think it was worth even trying. But after seeing this thread I tried it and it is more fun than I expected. Definitely worth 80 points. I might've paid as much as 240 for it.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#10CaIiber345Posted 7/9/2013 2:09:32 AM
JackBurton85 posted...
Meh, stick figures.

Is it too much to ask for these super simple games that pop up on live and cellphones and whatnot to have at least an attempt at a unique or interesting or possibly even cool look? I'm not talking about graphics either, i mean the visual style of em, so craptastic.

I never heard of this game until now. Then I went and watched this video (legitimate link to the game):

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=azizOlEV2Uk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DazizOlEV2Uk

I have to agree on the stick figure part. I like the visual style otherwise, and I'm going to give this game a chance and try it out. It does look fun, and could be a good game to warm up with before tackling headier fare. But at least some skins for the stick figures would be nice, even as unlockables or something. .
---
The Price is Right, Don Mattrick, and a nuclear submarine all walk into a bar...
IJ Main: Superman. Sub: ???