This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What game can you consider is near perfect?

#101CojiroseanPosted 7/9/2013 12:12:04 AM(edited)
Metroid Prime
Tales of Xillia

Edit: Banjo Tooie
---
Blog that I write for, support it if you like what you see:
http://illegibleother.blogspot.com.au/
#102Rayze_DarrPosted 7/9/2013 12:08:02 AM
Banjo-Kazooie.

I have to stretch my mind really hard to think of anything bad to say about it. I thought of two things that could've made it even more of the best game ever created:

1. Length. Now that I know where everything is, and have beaten the game easily over 30 times, I can run it in under 6 hours without even attempting a speed run. A couple of levels were cut during development, and I feel that these extra 3 or 4 levels could have greatly benefited this masterpiece.

2. Difficulty. The game doesn't feature any hardcore challenges. While this does make the game more accessible, something other than the painting puzzles for the post-game completionists would've been welcomed.

Banjo-Tooie, admittedly, does alleviate both of these, but adds in some problems of its own, such as an over abundance of back-tracking and many Jiggies that end up being tedious and/or just plain boring to obtain.
---
3DS FC: 5327 - 0902 - 3469
New Leaf Dream Address: 5500 - 2146 - 0428
#103dothackjhePosted 7/9/2013 12:11:30 AM
Final Fantasy X International
- Great overall JRPG back on its time and is still as great now at the present in terms of concept, technicalities, and gameplay.
- The only flaw I can see on the game, in today's standards, is the somewhat sluggish motions seen in-game

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
- Great tactical action title both on PSP and PS3. It retained the improvements seen on MGS3 from its predecessors while adding more features unique to the game. Overall great game.
- Only flawed by PSP's hardware limitations on the PSP version of the game. Not sure of the PS3's.

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater
- Great improvement from gameplay seen on MGS2 while retaining the overall MGS feel the game is known for.
- No identified in-game flaws as far as the game is concerned.
#104f0rcaPosted 7/9/2013 12:16:20 AM(edited)
Legend of Zelda a link to the past
Super Metroid
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
Rainbow Six Raven Shield
Dead Rising
---
GT: PREV4IL
#105scoobydoobydontPosted 7/9/2013 12:15:52 AM
No game ever.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#106NitharadPosted 7/9/2013 12:19:41 AM
Hmm...

Super Mario Bros 3. + Super Mario World + Yoshi's Island, all for the SNES are pretty perfect. I can barely find any flaws with them and I'm a really nitpicky guy.
#107DarkSymbiotePosted 7/9/2013 12:20:04 AM
Tetris.
---
My The Last of Us Review:
gamefaqs.com/ps3/652686-the-last-of-us/reviews/review-154646
#108dothackjhePosted 7/9/2013 12:27:32 AM
Chrono Trigger
- Excluding other JRPG's which did not make it outside Japan, this is got to be the greatest JRPG title for SNES showcasing RPG elements seen on some of recent and today's RPG's. A must played for every RPG enthusiasts out there either on the SNES itself or its port on the DS or even using the emulator for PC.
- No identified flaws as far as the game is concerned
#109mastahjebusPosted 7/9/2013 12:27:38 AM
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Battlefield 3
Fallout: New Vegas
---
"Your" = Possession | "You're" = You Are | "Their" = Possession | "They're" = They Are | "There" = Position
#110dothackjhePosted 7/9/2013 12:45:14 AM
Legend of Legaia
- Looking past its PS1 blocky graphics and focusing only on the RPG elements, the game could be as great now back as to what it was then as an RPG title overall. As an RPG showcasing great story, concept, and gameplay, this particular RPG title is worth a reboot or remake on today's generation of gaming consoles.
- Only flawed by PS1's hardware limitations

Chrono Cross
- The game may or may not appeal to young audiences due to its mature story-telling and execution, but is nonetheless a great RPG experience for those who played back on the PS1. Using the same graphics technology seen on other Squaresoft titles such as Final Fantasy VIII, this game was an eyecandy. Gameplay-wise, the game is unique in itself while being a sequel / in connection to Chrono Trigger.
- No identified flaws in-game other than PS1's hardware limitation itself